Multiple Subtitle Files Same Language

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Misinthe

Hello everyone, I have multiple subtitles for the same language and I was wondering how do I need to name them in order for them to work, can I just do en1, en2, and such, or is there another way to do it?

Thank you,

• Solution

HI, yea usually just sticking a number in there somewhere will do it, but i wouldn't add it to the end of the language. I would do something more like en.1.srt.

Misinthe
23 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, yea usually just sticking a number in there somewhere will do it, but i wouldn't add it to the end of the language. I would do something more like en.1.srt.

Sounds good, thank you! Might be worth it to add it to the documentation for future reference? I tried looking there first.

• Thanks 1

We have examples of subtitle naming and using multiple subs per show/movie.  We don't have any specifically using a number.

I'm trying to think of a reason when you might want this? If you 1080 and 4K with different timing start points you would want to use the resolution in the description. You would want to say if it's Forced, commentary, Trivia, etc.

When/why would you need to use a number and not a descriptive word? I can surely edit the knowledge base but don't want to put examples of something that could be confusing.

Carlo

Misinthe
On 25/06/2023 at 19:51, Carlo said:

We have examples of subtitle naming and using multiple subs per show/movie.  We don't have any specifically using a number.

I'm trying to think of a reason when you might want this? If you 1080 and 4K with different timing start points you would want to use the resolution in the description. You would want to say if it's Forced, commentary, Trivia, etc.

When/why would you need to use a number and not a descriptive word? I can surely edit the knowledge base but don't want to put examples of something that could be confusing.

Carlo

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I had a file with several versions of the same language, it's the first time that it's happened so I did not know how to proceede with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1