Web socket error drops connection

troth

Hopefully, someone can help me im not smart enough to figure it out. Basically with the emby app or with the emby app for kodi for android playback randomly fails for unknown reasons some apps say web socket connection error sometimes it just stops and its super annoying. If you need a different log or anything else I can post I dont think its a transcode problem because it just seems to happen locally and everything is direct stream.

embyserver-63822729600.txt

Hi, where exactly do you see this? web socket connections have nothing to do with playback. It's normal for them to get closed after a while.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, where exactly do you see this? web socket connections have nothing to do with playback. It's normal for them to get closed after a while.

It pops up on the screen after playback stops

Hi.  Are you sure network communications aren't dropping completely?  The websocket message could just be an additional symptom due to all network comms dropping.

Is this a wired connection?  Server on local LAN?

9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Are you sure network communications aren't dropping completely?  The websocket message could just be an additional symptom due to all network comms dropping.

Is this a wired connection?  Server on local LAN?

Its a local server. The client is connected to wifi and I thought that might be the problem also so I ran a wired connection to it and it still does it. All the other clients dont seem to have this problem either its just the tv.

11 hours ago, troth said:

Alright I got the relevant log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ihawosapuv

Hi.  That's a Kodi log with which I'm not very familiar but I definitely see evidence of losing the connection to the server.

error <general>: EMBY.emby.http: [ ServerUnreachable ]