Connection issues

DanBarnard

DanBarnard

Hi gurus. Bit of advice please. I've been using emby for a fair few years but never used it really outside my home network. If I try to connect from an external IP the app finds my server, but shows me the internal IP(192.168....)

If I click "sign in with emby connect" it just sends me in a loop back to the same page. If I connect manually and pop in my external IP address and default port number it works a treat. 

The problem is I don't always know my home IP address when I'm away, and I thought the idea of emby connect was that it would automatically find your sever just by logging in. What am I missing here?

GrimReaper

Have you linked your local user with respective Connect account? 

GrimReaper
Just now, DanBarnard said:

I think so. I've added my emby connect email address to the local user account

And have you confirmed link in received confirmation email? 

DanBarnard

Doesn't give an option to send an email. I go to server settings, and under user I have created my self a user and it's asks for an emby connect email address. This says it will link the server to my account. Hit save. And that's it. I don't get an email saying I need to confirm or anything. I'm obviously missing something simple.here but it's a real head scratcher

DanBarnard

Update. I created a new emby connect account with another email address..added this email to my local user account and it's exactly the same. It finds my server but as a local IP address... I'm not on the local network so it won't connect. Is there an option to get it to show the remote IP here instead?-

Screenshot_20230619-133818.png

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, DanBarnard said:

Doesn't give an option to send an email. I go to server settings, and under user I have created my self a user and it's asks for an emby connect email address. This says it will link the server to my account. Hit save. And that's it. I don't get an email saying I need to confirm or anything.

There's no option, it should be done automatically. There are some topics every now and then about users not receiving confirmation email upon linking - and for some it was in Spam folder. It'd look like:

241208746_591046552307290_4995183588497705173_n.thumb.jpg.59943808fbf6c593169eafe94ea995b9.jpg

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, DanBarnard said:

Update. I created a new emby connect account with another email address..added this email to my local user account and it's exactly the same. It finds my server but as a local IP address... I'm not on the local network so it won't connect.

Likely because of the same reason - you haven't confirmed link on the second email either. 

DanBarnard

I checked.my.emails.and I had the email from emby..I've clicked and confirmed. Situation still the same. From both android device and windows pc

16871844504583482237897186877357.jpg

10 hours ago, DanBarnard said:

I think so. I've added my emby connect email address to the local user account

Can you try redoing this process by removing and reapplying it?