Emby Connect Account deleted?

Raizen
Go to solution Solved by Abobader,

Raizen

Good Evening, so I tried to login to the Emby app today and couldn't login. I tried to reset the password and it would say email address found and a recovery email was sent but I never got any emails. I tried from the android app, from firefox, from brave, from two different PCs and every time it would say account with email found and an email will be sent but nothing comes through. After a few hours of trying I tried resetting my wife's account, just to see if my account was the issue or if the recovery server was down or something; she got an email instantly. So i was gonna make a new account so I can post on here for help but during the creation process, I typed the same username as my old account and was gonna add a 1 or something at the end but the box turned green. So I tried making a new account with the exact same username as my old account but with a different email address and I was able to. Considering I was able to use the same username I assume my account was deleted for some reason but I have no idea why nor did I get any emails from Emby saying there was an issue. Initially when I was trying to recover my password, it kept saying an account with the email address was found so I'm not sure whats going on or why I was able to use the same username; I assume my username was deleted for some reason.

I Mainly just use my server to connect to my HTPC locally, On rare occasion I might use the app on my phone when I need to kill time while outside and I don't really post on the forums. If my user account was deleted because of something I did or some violation, would appreciate it if I can find out the reason so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks.

• Solution

Good day,

Maybe the account was deleted as some threads announcement forum, as example:

My best

• Thanks 1

Danielbility
3 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

My best

What if my Emby Connect account is associated with an active Emby Premiere subscription, will it be removed too? 

pwhodges

Your Premiere subscription isn't linked to your Connect account.  It is associated with you personally through your email address when you purchased it, and can be used on multiple servers (though with no increase in client numbers) at your convenience.

Paul

• Like 1

Raizen
8 hours ago, Abobader said:

Good day,

My best

3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This was a one time thing that we don't plan to repeat.  Thanks.

I see, Thank you for the replies. Just glad that it wasn't something I did. I guess I should log in to the forums from time to time so my account isn't mistaken for being inactive. I use the app but I guess they are separate? Either way thanks again for getting back to me. I linked the account again to my server so everything is okay now. Have a wonderful week everyone.

• Thanks 2

• 10 months later...
joycetick

If I understand this correctly all the Emby connect accounts without forum posts were deleted. I am making this reply in the hopes my new account doesn't appear unused and get deleted again. Pretty disappointing not to see a warning email for the removal of the accounts. Just one mass email warning of the cull a month prior would have cleared this up and saved everyone a lot of time and confusion.

24 minutes ago, joycetick said:

If I understand this correctly all the Emby connect accounts without forum posts were deleted. I am making this reply in the hopes my new account doesn't appear unused and get deleted again. Pretty disappointing not to see a warning email for the removal of the accounts. Just one mass email warning of the cull a month prior would have cleared this up and saved everyone a lot of time and confusion.

Hi, apologies for the disruption. It was a one time thing a couple years ago that we won’t be doing again. Thanks.