Unable to select "Connect to server manually"

pclausen

pclausen

Trying to enter my server IP address and port, but I'm unable to select that option from the connect screen as shown below:

image.thumb.jpeg.43fb50017dc369cba05f09a1313ff30f.jpeg

What's the trick to being able to select the 3rd option on the above menu?

pclausen

TV is at my mother's house.  She's 89 and I'm trying to consolidate everything to just a single remote (Samsung TV).  I set her up with a Denon receiver, Nvidia Shield and DirectTV and a LG TV back in the day.  The LG died and I got her a new Samsung (QN65Q70C) QLED.  She forgets stuff and very often I have to come over and "fix" whatever she pushed on the Denon or Samsung remote to change the input or whatever.

So my plan is to ditch everything but the new Samsung.  Will ditch DirecTV as well and convert her to YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime and Emby as her only sources.  I have port forwarding enabled in the firewall at my house for Emby and only allowing the subnet she's on to access it.  Works great on her Shield when I set it up there, but some some reason I don't seem to be able to get to that on the new TV.

I'm going back over there this evening and will have another go at it.  For now she's still accessing Emby via the Shield and I have not gotten a call yet this week about her messing up the input selection on either the Denon or TV.  Q70C has an option to always power up to the "home screen", so I'm hoping once I get everything customized to just show those 4 main sources there, it will drastically cut down back on "support calls".

Edited by pclausen
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
pclausen

Finally had a chance to go over there and finalize setting it up.

One annoying thing is that when starting Emby, I get a message that an updated version is available please go to this url to download.

Until Emby becomes available in the App store, is there a way to suppress that message?  Otherwise it seems that I have to delete the app, then re-download to a USB and re-install.  That's gets old quick since there seems to be almost weekly updates to the Emby app.

Thanks

pclausen

Does Samsung have a portal that shows what apps are available based on year and model TV?

This page appears to be a generic catch all:

emby_app.jpg

3 hours ago, pclausen said:

Finally had a chance to go over there and finalize setting it up.

One annoying thing is that when starting Emby, I get a message that an updated version is available please go to this url to download.

Until Emby becomes available in the App store, is there a way to suppress that message?  Otherwise it seems that I have to delete the app, then re-download to a USB and re-install.  That's gets old quick since there seems to be almost weekly updates to the Emby app.

Thanks

Monthly, not weekly. The problem is that Samsung expires the usb builds after 30 days anyway, thus preventing it from being used until you install a new one.