iphone emby app 2.2.8 can no longer stream

pnakashian

pnakashian

I started having strange emby server issues about a week ago,   the emby server disk space got full,  i had to clear this folder /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp,  and  restart emby server.

I also had new iphone emby app playback issue, it would just spin without end.     Eventually i figured out  when I was trying to use  iphone emby app to play  hdhomerun tv channel     the folder /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp    would create a   *.ts file  that would keep growing,  even after i cancelled   the  iphone emby app playback and killed the iphone app.     Only way to stop  the .ts  file from filling entire disk space is    "systemctl stop emby-server" on a Ubuntu Server 22.04.2 LTS

Coincidently   iphone emby app  2.2.8 was released  about 1 week ago.       I don't have a mac computer,  and  I can no longer use Itunes on windows to  revert   emby app 2.2.8 to 2.2.7

as i have turned on  icloud advanced data protection.

I think something got broken in  Iphone app 2.2.8,   i had 0 playback issues with iphone  Emby app 2.2.7.

I've attached the embyserver.txt app  while i was trying to stream from the Iphone emby app,    i don't see any errors.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
pnakashian

ios emby app is working perfectly again, 

I tested in LAN  

--tuner playback and recording playback no issues.  

--I tested again with wifi off, openvpn connected to my router tested tuner playback and Recording playback no issues.

overall cpu usage is similar as app version 2.2.7

--a  max of 4% of overall cpu for  ATSC 1.0 channel playback (original either 720p or 1080i),  

--a max of 6% of overall cpu for ATSC  3.0 (hevc) channel playback,  for now no DRM in my area yet.

Thanks

Edited by pnakashian
  • Thanks 1