No subtitles after update

victor@vialy.com

victor@vialy.com

I switched to ultra.cc seedbox and now I don't get subtitles when transcoding.

Tried every combination of "burn SSA" on both server and Android tv app. Still no subtitles when transcoding.

I have to transcode because it still stutters or freezes when direct playing some formats. And the fix for this is to select "downmix to stereo" on Android tv app.

So. Now I am stuck having to downmix to stereo for 2 reasons. No subtitles if transcoding, and stuttering.

Really annoying.embyserver (6).txt

Logs attached.

ffmpeg-directstream-155a84e0-6b15-4490-8fc3-2113b1e64e6b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-eca92c3a-3e38-4262-aa1b-b38001ff8744_1.txt

victor@vialy.com
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Of course I did that.

Sodeloading the app is the same. 

Stuttering play.

It does show subtitles, but that is because te sideloaded app does not have any "play correction" available. 

As a test, if you lower the quality setting in the standard app to force a full transcode, do you get subtitles?

victor@vialy.com
7 hours ago, Luke said:

As a test, if you lower the quality setting in the standard app to force a full transcode, do you get subtitles?

Still no subtitles. Even at 2mb

On 6/20/2023 at 1:26 AM, victor@vialy.com said:

Still no subtitles. Even at 2mb

@victor@vialy.comcan we please see the log examples from when you did that? Thanks !

victor@vialy.com
On 6/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, Luke said:

@victor@vialy.comcan we please see the log examples from when you did that? Thanks !

Those are the ones contained in the main post.

22 hours ago, victor@vialy.com said:

Those are the ones contained in the main post.

Those are your original log examples. I'm asking for the new log example from when you set it to 2 mbps. Can you please supply those? Thanks.

victor@vialy.com

Ok, Upon further experimentation, I saw that when I request the content to be transcoded because of the old same problem of stuttering/pausing, it does transcode, but somehow the subtile handlig gets messes on some languages. For example, English, Arabic, Bulgarian get played OK, but then after selecting Chinese (Simplified) Spanish came displayed! 

Then I selected "From", same thing. Only the first 5 of around 20 languages got displayed ok, the 6th language was "Dutch" but displayed the Spanish language subtitles,after the 7th subtitle language selection, nothing got displayed when transcoding.

Came back to Silo and got the right Chinese subtitles displayed (Because I left it on Chinese because it gave me the right Spanish subtitles I wanted) and got chinese displayed. could never get spanish subtitles again even selecting all the other languages.

_logs_2.zip

victor@vialy.com
7 minutes ago, victor@vialy.com said:

EDIT: Ok, Upon further experimentation, I saw that when I request the content to be transcoded because of the old same problem of stuttering/pausing, it does transcode, but somehow the subtile handlig gets messes on some languages. For example, English, Arabic, Bulgarian get played OK, but then after selecting Chinese (Simplified) Spanish came displayed! 

Then I selected "From", same thing. Only the first 5 of around 20 languages got displayed ok, the 6th language was "Dutch" but displayed the Spanish language subtitles,after the 7th subtitle language selection, nothing got displayed when transcoding.

Came back to Silo and got the right Chinese subtitles displayed (Because I left it on Chinese because it gave me the right Spanish subtitles I wanted) and got chinese displayed. could never get spanish subtitles again even selecting all the other languages.

_logs_2.zip 381.1 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, Upon further experimentation, I saw that when I request the content to be transcoded because of the old same problem of stuttering/pausing, it does transcode, but somehow the subtile handlig gets messes on some languages. For example, English, Arabic, Bulgarian get played OK, but then after selecting Chinese (Simplified) Spanish came displayed! 

I PLayed Silo, spanish subtitles came up ok. Selected 2mb speed, no subtitles. Started trying other language files and got the list of available languages. The first ones came up perfectly, the 6th one was "Chinese Simplified" but got Spanish subtitles displayed.
Played then at normal speed, requested "Video Correction" and got the same phenomenon. First 5 languages ok, Chinese selected but got spanish.

Can you try the 2 mbps test with the standard app? That's what I really wanted to see, because if that's successful, then we just need to ensure you have a way to force the video to transcode.

victor@vialy.com
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try the 2 mbps test with the standard app? That's what I really wanted to see, because if that's successful, then we just need to ensure you have a way to force the video to transcode.

Ok! Done it with the standard app. 

Resulting in stuttering at speeds above 10mbit and perfect playing on 8 and bellow, with no problems at all with subtitles.

• Thanks 1

victor@vialy.com
On 7/2/2023 at 9:36 PM, Luke said:

Hi Luke. Regarding my problems with the EMBY for Android TV:
Definitively has something to do with the Audio Bitrate. 

#1: Freezed on 1st frame. Had to select "Playback correction" once to solve it. No problems with Subtitles.
#2: Stuttering video/Audio. Had to select "Playback Correction" once to solve it, but with no subtitles. Had to select "Chinese Simplified" to get Spanish language subtitles displayed. Selecting "Playback Correction" a second time, results in crashing with "Too many errors" displayed.
#3 Plays perfectly. No stuttering or subtitle problem.

In any case, If I select "Downmix to Stereo" in settings, all content plays ok with no problems of stuttering, freezing or subtitle problem. And even 4kHDR or Dolby Vision plays fine.
I would love to have an option available to select the transcoding I need, or have the conversion settings be able to select the audio properties I need.

Thanks Luke, hope this helps.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Thanks 1