Sign in problems

sopers

sopers

I just set up my server on a new Mac (M1) and I'm all having this issue plus alot more.

Devices not signing in. Asking me to sign in with connect. Then connect not working. So I have to manually sign in EVERY time with the IP address.

This include my TV and my android phone.

Password not working. After entering password 8 or 9 times before it decides to work. Even tho its saved on the devices.

Music not downloading.

Starting to think I should go back to Plex!

Hi, what exactly happens with your password? Did you try changing the password?

sopers

I normally get over it and click forget password. Type it in and it works. Save it to the phone again and start over next time. Sometimes it just works. I find my phone gives most of the problem but I use my phone more.  This was a little issue on the last mac server/computer. It would happen randomly and not all the time. So I upgraded hoping to fix the issues, but encountered more. 

sopers

I tried login in today on a different computer today on the same network. Enter user name and password like normal. Password error. Tried 3 times. On the 3rd time it logged in by not into emby. It said "add a server " or " login with connect" .  FyI - I did just start a new server with the new mac and resetup my library. I did not copy the server. I just copied my lifetime key. Maybe i need to get the old computer and delete old server?  So to login I typed in the IP address of emby and login. Work first go. Any ideas?

16 hours ago, sopers said:

I tried login in today on a different computer today on the same network. Enter user name and password like normal. Password error. Tried 3 times. On the 3rd time it logged in by not into emby. It said "add a server " or " login with connect" .  FyI - I did just start a new server with the new mac and resetup my library. I did not copy the server. I just copied my lifetime key. Maybe i need to get the old computer and delete old server?  So to login I typed in the IP address of emby and login. Work first go. Any ideas?

Are possibly confusing user names and passwords between the two servers?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sopers said:

This issue is now sorted a setting was turned off in emby.

HI, what setting do you mean?

sopers

Hey Luke,

Under 'users' there was know profile name it was my email address. I replaced it with my servers name and add email address below it all worked. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
amaury586334
On 6/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly happens with your password? Did you try changing the password?

I've got a similar problem. I've used Ember before, but I stopped using it and paying for it for some months until I decided to come back. Now I can't sign up. I've followed Emmy's guideline to reset admin password and in the last step, it tells me it's a wrong combination of user and password. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps? Is there a solution? Maybe deleting everything and starting over again? How can I solve it?

5 hours ago, amaury586334 said:

I've got a similar problem. I've used Ember before, but I stopped using it and paying for it for some months until I decided to come back. Now I can't sign up. I've followed Emmy's guideline to reset admin password and in the last step, it tells me it's a wrong combination of user and password. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps? Is there a solution? Maybe deleting everything and starting over again? How can I solve it?

HI, if you'd like to do a fresh start then simply shutdown the server and then delete the server data folder:

Emby Server Data Folder

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

amaury586334

There is no such folder in my Mac. When I get to the point where I insert my user name with a blank password it says the combination of username and password is wrong.

On 8/23/2023 at 4:44 PM, amaury586334 said:

There is no such folder in my Mac. When I get to the point where I insert my user name with a blank password it says the combination of username and password is wrong.

@amaury586334how did you try and find the folder on your mac?

It may be a hidden folder from finder, which means you can't browse to it, but you can still copy and paste the location into finder to browse the directory. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

amaury586334

I copied the required link and looked for it by pasting it on Go to the folder in the finder. I did it many times with the same results, I get to the folder and followed the instructions but it did not help.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, amaury586334 said:

I copied the required link and looked for it by pasting it on Go to the folder in the finder. I did it many times with the same results, I get to the folder and followed the instructions but it did not help.

@amaury586334

What exact path did you paste into finder?