The Shield Home screen

arrbee99

arrbee99

Am just wondering, I got rid of all the channels on the Shields home screen, so there's just a row of apps, which is good (till I get bored with it).

Anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the boxy message below it with 'Customize Your Home Screen' and 'Choose Channels' in it ?

Ta.

arrbee99
1 minute ago, justinrh said:

@arrbee99 How did you remove the 'live TV' row?

So long as we're talking about the Shield home screen, not Embys home screen, on the Customize your Home Screen > Choose Channels thing at the bottom, click on Choose Channels and untick everything in the list on the right hand side (Emby has two items to untick, including Live TV)

justinrh
19 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

and untick everything in the list

I guess you don't get the 'live TV' enhancement (cough choke) where you live.  It can't simply be toggled off like the other stuff.

arrbee99
31 minutes ago, justinrh said:

I guess you don't get the 'live TV' enhancement (cough choke) where you live.  It can't simply be toggled off like the other stuff.

Never even thought of that. Oops.

Could maybe try one of those launcher things. I've tried FLauncher a teeny bit so far, just to download, start up and make sure I can actually close it again. Early days.

rbjtech

Interestingly, the JF AndroidTV Client gives you the full options to list your main TV and Movies libraries ('Latest) on the Shields Home screen ... 👍

So you don;t even need to load up JF - you can go straight into playback of these items direct from the Home Screen ...

Emby AndroidTV only gives you TV and Recommended for some reason ... 🤔   Emby Android obviously gives you nothing at all ... :(

• Facepalm 1

rbjtech
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Emby for android provides continue watching and latest.

On the Shield home screen ?  I did look for it - maybe I missed it - I'll look again .. 

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
14 hours ago, rbjtech said:

On the Shield home screen ?  I did look for it - maybe I missed it - I'll look again .. 

There is no such option for the Android App - only the AndroidTV App ?

I'm referring to this Shield opening screen below @Luke- The 'Suggestions' (and 'TV' if I opted to use it) are available - but the Emby Android App does not appear in the 'Customisation' options, so I can't add it.

'Next Up' (like JF has) would be very handy meaning I would not even need to open Emby to watch a show or latest Movie ..

image.png.d3654ee4093011fd9788e5247595d428.png

rbjtech
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

It already has Continue Watching, which is the replacement for Next Up.

I'm not talking about the rows within the Emby Client - I'm talking about the rows outside the client - as part of AndroidTV.

I personally don't think the Android App can do this at all - only AndroidTV Apps can - but I'm open to suggestions.

This is how you configure it for the Emby for AndroidTV App ..

Screenshot_20230620-185342.png.80284257a74e66d9246c1f50c47036c9.png

..and these are the only two available 'Channels' ..

Screenshot_20230620-185352.png.4543a0554fe3d3b68f5ecd66f643c071.png

I also have the latest Android (non TV) App installed - nowhere do I see the ability to add any Channels to my home screen (none, not the Emby home screen - my shield's home screen) from that App  ...

@ebrAny thoughts here .. ?

4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Any thoughts here .. ?

We had stopped developing those custom channels because Google  has eliminated them in the new "Google TV" which, for just about every major device other than the Shield has replaced the old Android TV.

• Sad 1

But we realize that the Shield may take a while before they update, so we'll look at supporting more channels.

• Thanks 1