Emby Theater App Hidden from view, won't maximize/open

solidsnakex37

solidsnakex37

I am using the Emby Theater app on PC, I went to minimize the application to check something and when I tried to go back into the app, it doesn't maximize or show anywhere on screen. 

I exited the app, opened it again and still nothing. 

I've tried WIndows + arrow keys to try and maximize the window, nothing. I rebooted my PC and tried to open it again, still nothing. 

This app has a lot of quirks. Can someone please help me figure out how to open this app and see a window again? 

Stulish

Hi i am having the same issue, i am using version 3.0.20.0

it shows icon in task bar and no matter what i have tried it will not maximise, even closing and reopening the app it starts minimised.

:(

Edited by Stulish

solidsnakex37
On 6/19/2023 at 3:16 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what version of the app do you have?

Hey Luke, 

I am on the latest version, 3.0.20. I was looking for some kind of config file that would reset the display, but I ultimately had to reinstall Emby Theater to get it working again

solidsnakex37

Having this issue again, I don't know what's causing it. If I hover over Emby, it doesn't show a window and I can't bring it to focus. Rebooting doesn't help, closing/reopening doesn't help. Not sure what to do here. 

image.png.e5c27e66594dc462652c168b71834468.png

solidsnakex37
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly happens when you close and re-open the app?

If I close and re-open, it doesn't appear much happens. Normally, if I hover over the icon I would see the Emby app in a preview. When this happens, it's just that blank preview and the actual Emby app is nowhere to be found on screen. 

I have multiple monitors and I think I've narrowed down the issue, I am not sure if this is something that can be fixed within the app in a future release or not. 

Currently, I have 3 monitors connected to this PC, though these monitors are shared. So only one is "Enabled" in Windows currently. 
image.png.60b53c0ba66782a3423939df07908b20.png

In order to get Emby to open, I had to enable one of the other monitors. Though, I still couldn't use Windows + Arrow keys to bring it over, so I had to switch that monitor from my work PC to my personal PC, then drag the window over, then disable it. 

This seems to happen after the weekend, when I last opened the Emby app on #3 which is my "Main" monitor, but this is disabled and used on my work PC during the week. 

TLDR; It's like the app is expecting the last monitor config I used, but it's not there so it just doesn't open until I enable that monitor and manually move. I would expect it to open based on what Windows is showing as currently connected

If the monitor config changes, then it's possible the app isn't handling that well and is opening in a place where you can't see it. We are working on a new windows app that uses more standardized window management and won't have this issue anymore.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
fudgeum

Just to add that I'm having this same issue and haven't been able to resolve.  I downloaded the latest version of Emby Theatre but the problem is the same.

I've tried using a windows batch file to manually move the program to a different monitor but this doesn't seem to work either

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is to do with non-standard display zoom on windows for people with big monitors (happened when I was using multi-monitor with one monitor at 200%), electron gets confused.   You can fix like this.

Find your electron window state settings.

image.png.8f20399e4fda55b4553841e78da26f67.png

My guess is your settings will be crazy, I think you can delete this file and restart - otherwise put in more normal values.

{"x":2341,"y":372,"width":1292,"height":728,"state":"Normal"}

Also, if you set your display settings to Desktop rather than Auto in app I get a better experience as well - so you may want to try that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
fudgeum
On 10/08/2023 at 10:00, JJHop said:

I think this is to do with non-standard display zoom on windows for people with big monitors (happened when I was using multi-monitor with one monitor at 200%), electron gets confused.   You can fix like this.

My guess is your settings will be crazy, I think you can delete this file and restart - otherwise put in more normal values.

{"x":2341,"y":372,"width":1292,"height":728,"state":"Normal"}

thanks!  This fixed the issue for me, I've created a shortcut so I can easily find the settings again.  I might look at making a batch script and a scheduled task to delete this file every time I restart

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 5:00 AM, JJHop said:

Also, if you set your display settings to Desktop rather than Auto in app I get a better experience as well - so you may want to try that.

wish I could! the issue is that the app wont come up the screen