Chrome OS Flex

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

Does anyone know how i could setup my Emby Server on Chrome OS Flex? Chrome OS Flex doesn't have the play store, so i cant install the apk and i cant  get the Linux develop mode to turn on to try a deb package install. Exes also dont work on Chrome OS Flex. The OS is super fast and i only need it for Emby having issues getting it to install. Anyone know a way to install this or run it from the web as server? Thanks in advance!

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

You can't install apps, only chrome web apps. That's why I was hoping there was some way to get the server part going. Maybe there just isn't a way. 

• 2 weeks later...
tom.spinelli@gmail.com

So I was able to install this on ChromeOS Flex. There is a way to install Linux apps. I was able to download the deb file and install it and it opens and I can add to my library and play files. If anyone is looking for a way to do this on Chrome Os Flex on a Chromebox that doesn't get updates anymore. 

My issue though now is that it looks like the IP Address that pulls from the Linux is a 100 number not a 192 number. I can't seem to connect any devices to it. My Google TV or Android phone won't see it. Is there a way to connect to it? Is that like a VM IP or something? Is there a way to do this? 

24 minutes ago, tom.spinelli@gmail.com said:

So I was able to install this on ChromeOS Flex. There is a way to install Linux apps. I was able to download the deb file and install it and it opens and I can add to my library and play files. If anyone is looking for a way to do this on Chrome Os Flex on a Chromebox that doesn't get updates anymore. 

My issue though now is that it looks like the IP Address that pulls from the Linux is a 100 number not a 192 number. I can't seem to connect any devices to it. My Google TV or Android phone won't see it. Is there a way to connect to it? Is that like a VM IP or something? Is there a way to do this? 

That’s great progress. Please attach the Emby server log.

Thanks.

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

Hey Luke thanks for the quick reply! Sorry probably a dumb question, but will the log file have any information that i shouldn't be sharing here? I didnt want to provide IPs or something that would make the system vulnerable. 

tom.spinelli@gmail.com

Luke,

I got it! I had to connect to the Chrome OS Flex IP Address and not the Emby IP Address it was showing. It connected that way. I am good. Emby rules!

• Thanks 1