Server Upgrade

Jammi3D

Jammi3D

Hi,

My motherboard in my homeserver is slowly failing and have been looking at moving back to Intel, the problem I've noticed is the boards don't have as many PCI-E slots as my current board (6 in total)

Is there any Socket 1200 boards with a minimum of 5x PCI-E slots and 2.5Gbe or 10Gbe NIC port?

My Current Server is:

3400G
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
16GB DDR4
120TB (approx) mechanical storage
Octo TV TBS card
Quad TV TBS Card
dell h310 HBA

Looking at using 12th Gen i5 or similar nothing too crazy or any advice on hardware? ... I only have approx 6 users and minimal transcoding.

Edited by Jammi3D

Jammi3D

@Q-Droid
thank you, I've gone through most of the boards and narrowed it down to these 2 with socket 1700 (I'll re-use my memory hence no DDR5)

MSI Pro B760
Asus TUF Z790 Plus

I plan to use an i5 13500 ... have been on AMD for a while so take it this will be ideal with Emby transcoding when needed?

Q-Droid

Transcoding will be a breeze for that CPU with one catch - it depends on the OS you plan to use.  Windows is fine but Linux tends to lag behind on the support for Intel QuickSync and 13th gen is very new. So there could be some features not supported on the newer and more advanced codecs though it will catch up eventually.