Continue Watching Vs Next Up (Legacy)

Zeke66
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Zeke66

From my understanding the 'Next Up' Home tab is a past setting being rolled out while the 'Continue Watching' Tab is its replacement.

If this is truly the case, below are my thoughts on why I continue to use the Next Up setting as opposed to Continue Watching.

For simplicity sake I will refer to 'Continue Watching' as CW and 'Next Up' as NU going forward.

While CW makes the most sense in line with most major streaming platforms to show media you are currently watching and following, I believe that it currently falls short by not utilizing the aspect already included in NU. Completed episodes. While watching a show just because I stopped watching between episodes, as opposed to mid episode, does not mean I don't want to keep watching that show.

I believe that the CW Tab is definitely the right move in replacing the NU Tab, and having a single tab to show all ongoing items is the cleaner option. However I also believe that items shouldn't disappear from the CW Tab just because it wasn't stopped mid episode. Just my thoughts but I hope they help.

Thanks to everyone constantly putting their heart and soul into this program for all of us to utilize!

• Solution

Hi, continue watching does this like next up. If you stop watching between episodes, then the next episode will appear in continue watching.

• Agree 1

Zeke66
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, continue watching does this like next up. If you stop watching between episodes, then the next episode will appear in continue watching.

Thanks for the reply @Luke

Hmm I haven't had that in my case. I'll need to do some troubleshooting to see if i can recreate it.

To date anytime I finish an episode completely without starting the next one it wont show up in continue watching.

• Thanks 1

Zeke66

Crazy. It works now lol. I dont know why it wasnt before it was the main reason i switched back to 'Next Up'.

Whelp good to know thanks Luke!!

• Thanks 1