EMBY update - how long should it take?

OafPokie
Go to solution Solved by OafPokie,

OafPokie

Hello - I'm attempting to update Emby Server from 4.7.11 to 4.7.13 via a manual install onto my Synology NAS (DS418play / DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 6) using the update file "emby-server-synology7_4.7.13.0_x86_64.spk" (after stopping the Emby service, of course). It has been processing for over two hours now.  Does it normally take this long? 
image.png.444d09e21cd03cd6b0ff4b56bbce349c.png

Thanks!

Hi, I haven’t heard of it taking that long before. Please keep us posted today and let us know  what happens. Thanks.

OafPokie

After 4+ hours I got the following message, and I'm not sure how to proceed. What login could this referring to?

FYI - Previous Emby updates have always gone smoothly.  Not why this time differs.

image.png.6798f1fbd3306acd360bad1f2518a91e.png

Thanks!

Edited by OafPokie

Never seen that before. Can you reboot the nas, then try again and let us know the result? Thanks.

OafPokie

- I re-started Emby to make sure it runs as expected
 - Restarted NAS
 - Checked Emby once more (working fine)
 - Stopped Emby
 - Re-downloaded the Emby update file
 - Performed manual install

Received the same login error message, this time after 15 minutes instead of four hours.

That’s odd. Perhaps give it a try again tomorrow and see if the issue has resolved itself.

• Solution
OafPokie

Update: I was logged into DSM via the "....synology.me" URL.  I logged out, logged in via the local "192.168....." address, and the update worked just fine, completing in less than 5 minutes.  Yay!

Thanks,

Jim

• Thanks 1