Switching from Official Package to Manual Download

surtic86

surtic86

Hi there,

I got quite a bit annoyed about the long waiting time to get the newest Releases on my Synology NAS over the Official Store.

How can i best switch to the Manual Downloaded / Installed Version from your Website? What do i need to lookout for without loosing my Data i have already?

Can i just install the Package from your Website over the already Installed Version from the Store?

Thanks for your Help 

Can i just install the Package from your Website over the already Installed Version from the Store?

Hi, yes you can !

cchoban

Couple of questions...

• If all users were set up to require a password on local networks, is the server still vulnerable?
  • Is there any rhyme or reason to the people that have gone to 4.7.13 that can't log into their server afterwards?  (Any way to avoid that or know if it'll be me?)

Thanks!

No and the login issues generally come down to them not remembering their password whereas before they weren’t  entering It all 

• Agree 1

cchoban

Thank you!  I was able to manually update the Synology to the correct version, and update the Emby package accordingly anyway.  Works great!

• Thanks 1