emby are you still watching not working

tdwilli1

tdwilli1

For about a month now shows have stopped playing between 3-4 hours on shuffle or play all. It is showing the "Are you still watching" prompt and then stops playing after no response. I have the setting unchecked in playback. I have toggled it on and off, cleared cache, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This has been working for years till now.

Client is a Fire cube 2019 and app is obviously up to date. 

3 hours ago, tdwilli1 said:

I have the setting unchecked in playback

Hi.  Exactly where?

tdwilli1

OK, just sent a log at ~6pm EST. Name of the server is Media-Server. Was playing Seinfeld shuffled and it stopped playing.

App ver. 2.0.79a

17 hours ago, tdwilli1 said:

OK, just sent a log at ~6pm EST. Name of the server is Media-Server. Was playing Seinfeld shuffled and it stopped playing.

App ver. 2.0.79a

Hi.  That log appears to have been sent right after playback started and playback was ongoing at the time.  What, exactly, happened?

tdwilli1

Well I can't sit there and watch it for ~4 hours to let it happen so that's the closest I can come is to periodically see if it's still going and then send it after it stopped. The only option that I could find to send the logs is when a show is running.

Do you have a better way to capture it?

Edited by tdwilli1

7 minutes ago, tdwilli1 said:

The only option that I could find to send the logs is when a show is running

There is a "Send Logs" option on the user menu at the top of the home screen.  Please send the log from there right after the issue occurs.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, tdwilli1 said:

OK, just sent another log.

There is almost nothing in this log.  That could be Android being difficult.  What, exactly, happened just prior to you sending it?

tdwilli1

The series had stopped from the shuffling. It played for just over 4 hours before it stopped. There are enough episodes to play 3-4 days. I went to the home screen and sent the log. I don't what to do other than what you have told me. The app on the TV itself doesn't have this problem.

Edited by tdwilli1

14 hours ago, tdwilli1 said:

The series had stopped from the shuffling. It played for just over 4 hours before it stopped

And you saw a "still watching" prompt?  That prompt should show way before 4 hours if it were to show.  Are you sure that is what is happening and there isn't something else going on?

tdwilli1

So here's all I know till now. Up until about a month ago things have worked for years. Then in the last month shows were stopping sometime during playing. Would wake up with nothing playing. Happened for a couple weeks. I tried switching shows to see if that was the issue, no change. One night I happened to catch it in the state of showing the prompt and my wife saw it once. So we have both seen this prompt on the screen with the option turned off. But as I said I can't spend over 4 hours waiting till it stops playing to see what's happening. The server just says the show finished playing. And the app on the TV doesn't have this problem, plays all the episodes fine with that option off. If the log isn't showing anything after it stops then it isn't catching enough info when it stops. I have restarted the Cube, uninstalled the app, cleared cache and data. And I didn't see any updates happen for the cube.

I just sideloaded the app and will see what happens.

tdwilli1

Ok the sideloaded app didn't run for more than an hour before stopping. So I had a newer cube around and plugged it in and started the show and it has been running for over 8 hours now. Sooo, I don't get how the newest one works(2022) and the older one(2019) doesn't but looks like some type of incompatibility with it? Or the old one bit the dust.

tdwilli1

Same as the first. It ran fine for a couple days on the new one and now I got the prompt again right after 4 hours.

On 6/19/2023 at 6:20 PM, tdwilli1 said:

Same as the first. It ran fine for a couple days on the new one and now I got the prompt again right after 4 hours.

@tdwilli1what is the app version number that you tested with? Thanks.

alm7878

I am having the same issue on Fire TV.  It seems to have started when I upgraded to 4.7.13.0.  I confirmed it was still disabled in the user profile on the AFTV.  I checked the user profile on the server and it was not set.  I accessed the profile for that user on the server and changed it there as well.  It is still asking "Are you still watching?" with both client and server saying it is disabled.

Server: 4.7.13.0
Client: 2.0.79a

On 6/26/2023 at 7:26 PM, alm7878 said:

I am having the same issue on Fire TV.  It seems to have started when I upgraded to 4.7.13.0.  I confirmed it was still disabled in the user profile on the AFTV.  I checked the user profile on the server and it was not set.  I accessed the profile for that user on the server and changed it there as well.  It is still asking "Are you still watching?" with both client and server saying it is disabled.

Server: 4.7.13.0
Client: 2.0.79a

@alm7878

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

alm7878

My  wife finally read the prompt and noticed the question “Do you want to continue seeing these messages?”. She answered no and the prompts haven’t returned. Chalk it up to user error. :(

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alm7878 said:

“Do you want to continue seeing these messages?”

Does she remember exactly what the entire message said?  Because that doesn't sound like it was coming from us...

• 9 months later...
Dragon1013

Did anyone figure out what is causing this. I am having the same issue with a fire cube.

4 hours ago, Dragon1013 said:

Did anyone figure out what is causing this. I am having the same issue with a fire cube.

Hi.  Exactly what is happening?