Live TV stuttering. Direct play. Shield server, multiple clients.

NitDawg

NitDawg

Around 18:58, tuning to 17.1.

This happens with multiple channels, not client-specific. Video just gets in a stuttering rut.

Playing via HD Homerun app on the same clients are perfectly smooth, so I feel like I'm missing something.

New to live TV via emby. Everything is via direct play, and I haven't messed with settings. Local media direct plays fine. 

Any tips? I'll take 'em. Really like the emby TV interface!

Thanks in advance!

embyserver.txt

NitDawg

Yup. If you mean playback via Emby on the same device as the server (Shield), then yes. Same issues as networked clients (either Android or Apple TV).

23 hours ago, NitDawg said:

Yup. If you mean playback via Emby on the same device as the server (Shield), then yes. Same issues as networked clients (either Android or Apple TV).

What version of the client app on shield?

If all clients are seeing the issue, then the app on the Shield is probably not the culprit.  More likely, there is a processor of I/O bottleneck with the server on the Android device.

Can we please see details of an example?

NitDawg

It's in the original post, regarding the log (unless there is another example you are looking for)

I thought the direct play would not be such a heavy lift for the shield, given it direct plays 4k local content with no problems. But maybe live TV is a different stressor?

57 minutes ago, NitDawg said:

It's in the original post, regarding the log (unless there is another example you are looking for)

I thought the direct play would not be such a heavy lift for the shield, given it direct plays 4k local content with no problems. But maybe live TV is a different stressor?

Yea live streams are just a whole different animal.

• Like 1