Potential Security Issue

AP123

AP123

Hey everyone,

Hoping to get some insight here. I was able to fix my emby system running on my RPI after the recent security issues. My emby is all up to date, all passwords changed and running smoothly. However, this morning I noticed a movie was playing from my main login account, my admin account. I wasn't playing the movie. I killed it and it started up again in a browser. So I killed all remote connections and rebooted my password. Not sure how, but is it possible someone got my password again and was using my admin account? I'm fairly new to all of this so any help would be great.

However, this morning I noticed a movie was playing from my main login account, my admin account.

Hi, do you recognize the device and ip address that it was playing from?

AP123
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, do you recognize the device and ip address that it was playing from?

No. Both are not in my network or any of my associated users. 

OK then I'd probably suggest changing the password for the user on your server, deleting the device from the Devices section, and then see if it happens again.

AP123
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK then I'd probably suggest changing the password for the user on your server, deleting the device from the Devices section, and then see if it happens again.

It was my admin account which is the more concerning part. Already changed the pw. Waiting to see what happens. 

• Thanks 1