subtitle outline removal request

Franklynsbr2023

Franklynsbr2023

One thing that bothers me a little about Emby is not being able to remove the outline of the subtitles, I prefer them without an outline. Is there any version of Emby or addon that allows this adjustment, whether it's for Emby on Mi Box, Emby Theater, or Emby server? Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Hi.  What app/device are you using?  Subtitles can be styled in some apps but others are rendered by the environment and we have no control of them.

Franklynsbr2023
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What app/device are you using?  Subtitles can be styled in some apps but others are rendered by the environment and we have no control of them.

To translate your statement into English:

"I use Emby on my Mi Box and also on my PC, where I have Emby Theater and Emby Server. In all of them, I set the subtitles to be white, remove the shadow, make them 100% transparent, but there is no option to remove the outline."

Franklynsbr2023
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please show a screenshot example of what you mean? Thanks.

Sure, attached is an image of the white caption with a black border that I would like to remove. A second image shows the possible adjustments that have already been made, but they don't eliminate the border. In addition to Emby in Mistick, I also have Emby Premiere and downloaded server. Recently, I also downloaded the version of Emby that allows external players (MPC). Thank you in advance for your assistance.

configuration.jpg

subtitles.jpg

Yeah, that outline font is kind of standard because it makes the text readable on any background.  If it weren't there and the text were over white, you couldn't see it at all.

Franklynsbr2023
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Yeah, that outline font is kind of standard because it makes the text readable on any background.  If it weren't there and the text were over white, you couldn't see it at all.

Yes, but I don't like this outline. On other devices like Android TV, for example, I can remove this outline in the caption settings. I find it strange that this option is not available in Emby. If it really doesn't exist, would it be possible to include this feature?

Franklynsbr2023
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes more options are certainly possible.

That's great news because for captions, there are already 4 options in Emby (size, color, transparency, and shadow), only the outline is missing. Thank you for your attention and I hope you have the time available to implement this new configuration. Thank you very much. And to conclude, my dream is that Emby for Android has all the options of Emby for Windows, which reminds me of the good old days of XBMC :)

• Thanks 1