Standard app on Google tv - how to access playlists

tOLJY
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

tOLJY

Hi, I've sidedloaded the standard app onto Google tv. Fortunately for me I've got several playlists favourited so I can find them that way, but how else am I meant to find them? The tv doesn't let you go left to open that menu side on phone or PC so I have no idea how to get to the playlists view.

tOLJY

Nevermind, got it

I had turned off access to that library for all my users not knowing what it was.

Thanks

Is there a way to show only playlists for the current user by default in that view?

What do you mean for the current user? Each user can only see playlists that they have access to. Do you mean playlists that were created by the logged in user?

tOLJY

All my users can see all playlists, regardless of who created them. If the content is not available to that user, the playlist is empty. Is there something additional I need to do to hide the playlist item itself?

Playlists are created by logged in user using the smartplaylist plugin.

Edited by tOLJY

This will change with new playlists that are created in the upcoming 4.8 server release, so ultimately you’ll get the behavior that you want.

However for playlists created by the plug-in I’m not sure. It depends on whether it’s creating the playlist for a specific user or not.

• 3 weeks later...
tOLJY

I think something that could work is adding a filter option to the playlists view so you can hide playlists with nothing in them.

That way users who can't see any of the content won't see the playlist at all if they filter those playlists out by that criteria

Means a change wouldn't be required to the playlists at all, just a new view filter option 

Thoughts?

• Solution
55 minutes ago, tOLJY said:

I think something that could work is adding a filter option to the playlists view so you can hide playlists with nothing in them.

That way users who can't see any of the content won't see the playlist at all if they filter those playlists out by that criteria

Means a change wouldn't be required to the playlists at all, just a new view filter option 

Thoughts?

That will be slow to determine on the fly for every single playlist.

Going forward in the upcoming 4.8 release users will only be able to access playlists that they create and that they’ve been specifically granted access to, so that will be the new path forward.

tOLJY
On 7/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, Luke said:

That will be slow to determine on the fly for every single playlist.

Going forward in the upcoming 4.8 release users will only be able to access playlists that they create and that they’ve been specifically granted access to, so that will be the new path forward.

Sounds good, thanks!

• Thanks 1