Invalid Username/Password even after reset

clip

Hello everyone,

I’ve been signing into my Emby server via the generated pin on the Emby tvOS app for a couple weeks. It gets very annoying because I have to go to the Emby.media/pin website and sign in and enter the pin each time I use my Apple TV. I looked up some solutions to this and found people saying to skip that step and enter the server name and directly connect that way. I tried that and it refused to take my password. I know it is correct cause it’s saved in a password manager (I’m also here on the forum signed into my account writing this). Just in case though I reset the password and tried again. Same result, except now I can’t even get it to prompt me for the pin generator. I had to delete the Emby app and redownload it just to get this option to return. This is very frustrating as there is no rhyme or reason to why it prompts for the pin or not. Also very confusing, is the fact some areas of Emby’s website you use your email to log in, while others you use the username? What’s the difference, why not allow both or just stick to one option. Makes thing unnecessarily confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by clip

• 2 weeks later...
LindsayCole

I've been experiencing this issue for quite some time. Sometimes it works, some times it doesn't.

Multiple apple devices, few different family accounts it randomly happens on.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:28 PM, clip said:

Hello everyone,

I’ve been signing into my Emby server via the generated pin on the Emby tvOS app for a couple weeks. It gets very annoying because I have to go to the Emby.media/pin website and sign in and enter the pin each time I use my Apple TV. I looked up some solutions to this and found people saying to skip that step and enter the server name and directly connect that way. I tried that and it refused to take my password. I know it is correct cause it’s saved in a password manager (I’m also here on the forum signed into my account writing this). Just in case though I reset the password and tried again. Same result, except now I can’t even get it to prompt me for the pin generator. I had to delete the Emby app and redownload it just to get this option to return. This is very frustrating as there is no rhyme or reason to why it prompts for the pin or not. Also very confusing, is the fact some areas of Emby’s website you use your email to log in, while others you use the username? What’s the difference, why not allow both or just stick to one option. Makes thing unnecessarily confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @clipI think you are confusing the difference between the local logins on your Emby Server and the login to Emby Connect and this forum. Those are two different things.

It sounds like you were trying to sign into your local server using your forum credentials here (Emby Connect).

Try entering the server address directly into the app, and then using the username and password managed by you in your private Emby Server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

tarinr

Luke,

I've been having a similar issue.  Just last night, I was watching a movie and Emby just froze.   I ended up having to restart my Apple TV in order to get any functionality at all.  When I reentered Emby, it could no longer find my server.  The server was up and running because I was able to access it on my iPad.  Like the above user, I ended up deleting the app and re-installing it just to be able to get PIN access.  The PIN was recognized,  the User ID was entered, the Password was entered,  server entered - Nothing.  Finally,  after a couple of attempts, I WAS LOCKED OUT FOR SEVERAL HOURS.  Once the lockout expired,  Emby connected like nothing ever happened.  

As the user above expressed,  this gets very frustrating when there is no rhyme or reason for this to happen.  This has only been going on since the recent hack on the main Emby server.  It seems to be only happening with the Apple TV app. 

Server: Emby Mac OS Server Version 4.7.13.0 - running on a 2018 Mac Mini, 3 Ghz 6-Core i5, 32 Gb RAM

Client: 2022 Apple TV 4K (latest version of Emby)