Locutus64

Locutus64

I just went to Emby in my Roku and I get bounced to a screen that reads:

Emby

Personal Media - Content Not Rated

Emby LLC

Bring all of your media together into one

place has never been easier!~ Emby unites your

personal videos, music, photos and...(*more)

Then there is a open channel button when clicked bounches back to the above. Below that button are 3 channel screenshots. My instance of Emby is the latest beta running on Garuda (Arch Based Linux). Is this your end or Roku's?

Hi.  That sounds like the listing in the channel store.  Did you install it?

Locutus64

I've had it added to Ruko for quite some time now. Maybe remove and add back. For now I installed Emby on the FireTV and it's working perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Locutus64

OK just got the chance to remove Emby from Roku and add it back and it's working again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Locutus64

OK update on this. Looks like I spoke too soon cause my roommate went to watch a couple of shows from his server and within 10 minutes of watching the first show the Roku app suddenly told us that his server wasn't available. Went back to his computer launched Emby in the browser and sure enough it was down. I then proceeded to walk him through checking the status and reenabling and restarting it. We went back to the living room, relaunched the Emby app, and got the same issue. Proceeded to remove his server and add it back using the pin number. From the screens on the computer it seemed to take but again server not found on the Roku app. Proceeded to exit the Roku app and switch to the app on the FireTV. This time his worked just fine. Looks like the Ruko app is having issues and also somehow disabling the app on the PC. I don't know who maintains the Roku app so this seems the best place I can post this.

2 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

app suddenly told us that his server wasn't available

Hi.  This is a different issue than your original report and sounds like a network communications issue.  Is the server on the same LAN as the Roku device?

Locutus64
29 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is a different issue than your original report and sounds like a network communications issue.  Is the server on the same LAN as the Roku device?

I beg to differ cause it's still the Roku version of Emby having the issue and not the FireTV version. It's very unlikely the two issues are unrelated. If it were a issue with the network then the FireTV version would have the same issue. As for being on the same LAN yes the PC is connected by ethernet cable to the same modem that sends both the Ruko and FireTV their WiFi signal. I also just tested the Android version on my phone and it has no problem.

22 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

If it were a issue with the network then the FireTV version would have the same issue.

Hi.  Not necessarily.  Your symptoms are that of the device/app losing the connection to the server.  You say it is a wireless connection?  Anything changed with the location of that device or any new devices added to your wireless network recently?

Locutus64

Two computers both wired. The two Roku's and the FireTV are wireless. As for location change no nothing has been moved. Also nothing new has been added. To be honest in the next few day I'm going through everything added to the Roku and see which is available on the FireTV so I can limit the use of the Roku. I'm willing to bet at most only a couple of channels / services aren't available on the FireTV. I've been tired of the Roku's UI for a very long time. They've been promising a revamped UI for at least 3 years and nothing.

Locutus64
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Is this still an issue after your server reinstall?

THis has NOTHING to do with the issue mentioned in the other thread. Let's stop trying to blame the ender server for a Emby app issue. That sais different machine anyway.

Edited by Locutus64

49 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

THis has NOTHING to do with the issue mentioned in the other thread. Let's stop trying to blame the ender server for a Emby app issue. That sais different machine anyway.

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

• Agree 1

Locutus64
On 6/27/2023 at 9:08 AM, Luke said:

Is this still an issue after your server reinstall?

OK just now verified again that it is the Roku app that has the issue. Roommate launched it, I added his password, and we promptly got told the server doesn't exist. Then I proceeded to launch the FireTV Emby app, selected his server, enter his password, and his Emby server launched without issue. I don't know who dealing with issue in the Emby app but make no mistake it has a problem. 

On a side note rather than create a new thread I have a quick question about the FireTV app. I just purchased it only to find I don't get a unlock key for Gary's or my servers. I then went in and purchased directly through your site and got my key which I entered into my server and I'm on Premier now. I then proceeded to cancel the app order in Amazon Apps cause they were asking 6.49 a month just for the TV app. My question is does the TV app see we are now using premier and keep allowing us to use it? I ask cause on both the TV and Roku apps we only had X amount of time to use the app or purchase it.

Edited by Locutus64

3 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

OK just now verified again that it is the Roku app that has the issue. Roommate launched it, I added his password, and we promptly got told the server doesn't exist. Then I proceeded to launch the FireTV Emby app, selected his server, enter his password, and his Emby server launched without issue. I don't know who dealing with issue in the Emby app but make no mistake it has a problem. 

Hi.  It is very unlikely this is a problem in the app itself.  It sounds like a network issue with that device. Is it possible for you to  follow the instructions to send a log from the app?  Can you get that far?

3 hours ago, Locutus64 said:

On a side note rather than create a new thread I have a quick question about the FireTV app. I just purchased it only to find I don't get a unlock key for Gary's or my servers. I then went in and purchased directly through your site and got my key which I entered into my server and I'm on Premier now. I then proceeded to cancel the app order in Amazon Apps cause they were asking 6.49 a month just for the TV app. My question is does the TV app see we are now using premier and keep allowing us to use it? I ask cause on both the TV and Roku apps we only had X amount of time to use the app or purchase it.

Hi.  Premiere is associated with a server.  If you are connected to a server with a valid Premiere key and within the device limits, then you will get the Premiere features.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

Locutus64
22 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It is very unlikely this is a problem in the app itself.  It sounds like a network issue with that device. Is it possible for you to  follow the instructions to send a log from the app?  Can you get that far?

Looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree cause I am damn sure I'm right. I am not buying that both my server and Gary's aren't discoverable by the Emby app or get discovered but get kicked off after a short period and yet have no issues on the FireTV app. 

Edited by Locutus64

Locutus64
16 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Premiere is associated with a server.  If you are connected to a server with a valid Premiere key and within the device limits, then you will get the Premiere features.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

What I asked is now that we have the Premier key added to both Gary's and my servers we should not see the promo expires on x date on either the Emby or FireTV apps again, right?

1 hour ago, Locutus64 said:

What I asked is now that we have the Premier key added to both Gary's and my servers we should not see the promo expires on x date on either the Emby or FireTV apps again, right?

Correct. As long as you stay within the device limits you should be fine.

• Like 1

Locutus64

Yea just the two PC's, FireTV, and Roku all in the same household.

Edited by Locutus64
  • Thanks 1