IPTV- Adding Multiple Accounts to a TV Source

Chillout
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Chillout

Is there a way to add multiple IPTV account credentials to a single IPTV source (tuner)?

I asked the vendor to give me two connections to watch two streams at the same time and they gave me two separate accounts, each with 1-connection.  The supplier is not too helpful at setting up one account with 2-connections.  Is there a way I can set it up in Emby so it will have a single channel in the guide and roll down to either account?

• Solution

Hi.  You would need to setup two different tuners.

Chillout

Thanks for the reply.  Its unfortunate but not unexpected.  I'll keep working on the provider...

You might find it far easier to switch to a different provider who can supply up to 5 connections on the same account.

Carlo

PS send me a PM if you need more info on this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chillout

I found having multiple accounts with the same provider works well if you use the same M3U file with each tuner. 

It will not duplicate the channels in the guide and with each connection set to 1, Emby is smart enough to cycle through the accounts until you run out of tuners. 

Kudos to the programmer who thought this out to provide this functionality.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Chillout

Setup:

Two (2) M3U TV Sources with same provider using different accounts (using the same TV guide).

image.png.1175a1691d8c2c26729e0ecc39b3296c.png

Issue:

There are times when the M3U tuner in use (usually after 30min) is not locked and allows someone else to 'take over' the tuner for the 1st user. The provider will 'kick' the 1st user from the stream.  The 1st user can tune back to the channel and Emby will assign the 2nd M3U tuner. After that all tuners are locked and Emby will not allow any more connections.

Expected Result:

If 1st tuner is in use, lock it from being accessible from any more users regardless how long its in use.

User Notes/Observation:

I never had an issue with the SD Homerun prime kicking users off when all tuners were in use.  The HomeRun showed in Emby as a single tuner and possibly managed the tuners in the hardware.  M3U tuners in Emby show up as separate tuners and maybe Emby has some issues recognizing tuners that have been in use for a long time.

1 hour ago, Chillout said:

Setup:

Two (2) M3U TV Sources with same provider using different accounts (using the same TV guide).

image.png.1175a1691d8c2c26729e0ecc39b3296c.png

Issue:

There are times when the M3U tuner in use (usually after 30min) is not locked and allows someone else to 'take over' the tuner for the 1st user. The provider will 'kick' the 1st user from the stream.  The 1st user can tune back to the channel and Emby will assign the 2nd M3U tuner. After that all tuners are locked and Emby will not allow any more connections.

Expected Result:

If 1st tuner is in use, lock it from being accessible from any more users regardless how long its in use.

User Notes/Observation:

I never had an issue with the SD Homerun prime kicking users off when all tuners were in use.  The HomeRun showed in Emby as a single tuner and possibly managed the tuners in the hardware.  M3U tuners in Emby show up as separate tuners and maybe Emby has some issues recognizing tuners that have been in use for a long time.

HI, this is already supported. On the m3u setup screen just configure the number of simultaneous streams that are allowed for the m3u.

Chillout

I should have mentioned this in my first message, but I have both set to one (1) connection. 

This rule does not seem to be strictly followed which allows Emby to reassign an active tuner.  Possibly some time limit or other condition.

image.png.84de97fb624e5694be049bc4d4348539.png

Chillout
On 7/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, Luke said:

Are the urls in both m3u's exactly the same?

Yes. Both TV Sources are pointed to the same file.

5 hours ago, Chillout said:

Yes. Both TV Sources are pointed to the same file.

OK then the server doesn't really treat them as being the same thing. What exactly are you getting out of doing that? I would just remove one.

Chillout
2 hours ago, Luke said:

OK then the server doesn't really treat them as being the same thing. What exactly are you getting out of doing that? I would just remove one.

It lets me use the same channel listing with different login credentials with the same provider.

Emby will lock each tuner as expected but after some time  (~30min) Emby will seem to forget a tuner is in use and allow it to be re-assigned.  The provider does not allow two streams using the same account and will stop playback for the 1st user.  

How do they have different login credentials if the m3u's are exactly the same? Are you sure that they are?

Chillout
On 8/1/2023 at 10:53 PM, Luke said:

How do they have different login credentials if the m3u's are exactly the same? Are you sure that they are?

Its the same provider using the same M3U file with different login credentials.

image.png.78a2a23d8870c15970a3a0240bce1d8d.png

image.png.f3dc6b36f0bdaf47e84ba2b2e4cf0de2.png

image.png.17ee8aac88f4853cc44763c493c31a3d.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would not use an iptv service that gave you 2 streaming accounts each with 1 login, find a service that allows more than 1 connection like cayers said.

Chillout
On 8/25/2023 at 6:03 PM, Luke said:

OK so currently you probably have two of each channel in your guide, right?

@LukeNo, using same M3U file for each tuner does not duplicate the channels in the guide.  If I use different M3U files it will duplicate the channels. 

Emby manages the tuners as expected, locking the tuners when different channels are played at the same time.  The issue is there is a bug where Emby will forget that a tuner is in use after about 30min and then when someone changes the channel it will kick off whoever is using TUNER_1.  Emby needs to keep monitoring to lock the tuner until its released. Otherwise I'm very happy how Emby handles multiple accounts/tuners tied to the same M3U file.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 8:32 AM, Chillout said:

@LukeNo, using same M3U file for each tuner does not duplicate the channels in the guide.  If I use different M3U files it will duplicate the channels. 

Emby manages the tuners as expected, locking the tuners when different channels are played at the same time.  The issue is there is a bug where Emby will forget that a tuner is in use after about 30min and then when someone changes the channel it will kick off whoever is using TUNER_1.  Emby needs to keep monitoring to lock the tuner until its released. Otherwise I'm very happy how Emby handles multiple accounts/tuners tied to the same M3U file.

Hi @ChilloutEmby does not forget that a tuner is in use. Can we please look at a specific example?

Thanks.

Chillout

@LukeAttached is the log-- maybe you can help me understand what the issue is with the conflicting tuners.  Thanks in advance!

Around the 10:54 mark is when the tuners are active thru 11:04.

Tuner 1: /get.php?username=8XXXXXXXXa5&password=XXXXXXXXX

Tuner 2: /get.php?username=0XXXXXXXc&password=XXXXXXXX

Using same M3U file

image.png.7af4c2d72c4627652b61c5ec61aef6fd.png

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by Chillout

Chillout

Note:  I am unable to edit, but the image above is not entirely accurate.  Both tuners are pointing to the same M3U file, not different filenames.

• 3 months later...
Sawill25
On 6/9/2023 at 12:29 AM, Carlo said:

You might find it far easier to switch to a different provider who can supply up to 5 connections on the same account.

Carlo

PS send me a PM if you need more info on this.

I seem to be having to same issue as the OP. Do you mind if I reach out to you?

• 2 months later...
Cordez
On 8/7/2023 at 9:24 PM, Chillout said:

Its the same provider using the same M3U file with different login credentials.

image.png.78a2a23d8870c15970a3a0240bce1d8d.png

image.png.f3dc6b36f0bdaf47e84ba2b2e4cf0de2.png

image.png.17ee8aac88f4853cc44763c493c31a3d.png

I try this but don't work for me.

Any new infos about the iptv simultaneous topic ?

I have 3 different userdata at the same provider but don't get Emby run 2 or 3 streams iptv simultaneous.

Best Regards

Cordez

On 4/13/2024 at 7:28 PM, Cordez said:

I try this but don't work for me.

Any new infos about the iptv simultaneous topic ?

I have 3 different userdata at the same provider but don't get Emby run 2 or 3 streams iptv simultaneous.

Best Regards

Cordez

Hi, we'll respond in your other topic. Thanks.