DS223: Which specific update should I use?

alsticky
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

alsticky

Bought a new DS223 (Realtek RTD1619B running DSM 7.1.1) and emby's running great! 4.7.11.0 update just made it to the Synology package store (installed successfully).

But I'd like to manually update to the latest (4.7.13.0): Of the five different variants listed at emby.media/synology7-server.html can someone please advise which version I should install? Thanks in advance!

emby-versions.jpg

• Solution
FrostByte

Unfortunately, the link at the top of that page with that information appears outdated.

The RTD1619B is an ARMv8 processor.

Also, if you look towards the top of your server log there should be a command line with something like this at the end of it:

-updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_armv8.spk

Besides, if you pick the wrong one it will reject it :)

• Like 1

alsticky

Brilliant! Thank you FrostByte, updated with ARMv8 (x18 Series) and AOK.

I'm using the Log Center package but the entries are not verbose [ i.e. merely reports "Package [Emby Server] has been successfully updated."].  Could you please advise how I might access a logfile with more detail as in your example? Thanks again!

Edited by alsticky

FrostByte

I should have mentioned that's from the Emby server logs, not Synology server logs.  You can get them from the Emby server settings page.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2328d788101caa9e5008db1a1a694e2.jpeg

If you want to see the Package Center logs that's in.  This information can sometimes be helpful if Emby won't install and is everything before Emby restarts.

/var/log/packages/EmbyServer.log

• Like 1