Virus attached to emby file....should I be concerned? Thoughts?

diaz1510

diaz1510

I'm assuming this isn't normal? Discovered by Windows Defender. Virus.jpg.a53f40bb696dcc2656c18abcb2c6b38f.jpg

Edited by diaz1510

diaz1510

Gotcha.  I will say I see absolutely no issues with the way Emby is performing.  I am not having any trouble at all.  It just came up after I did a scan.

seanbuff
5 minutes ago, diaz1510 said:

Gotcha.  I will say I see absolutely no issues with the way Emby is performing.  I am not having any trouble at all.  It just came up after I did a scan.

Good to hear, however as your system has detected the presence of one the key infected files. I would take the time to perform some of the necessary actions in the advisory, looking for and deleting any of the other known affected files.

Also ensure you upgrade to the latest version 4.7.13.0 and perform these actions:

• Assign new passwords to all of your Emby Server users
  • Don't allow local login without password
  • Ensure no user has an empty password

• Like 1

darkassassin07
40 minutes ago, diaz1510 said:

Yeah, hacking peoples systems and maintaining that connection usually requires avoiding being noticed...

Don't be complacent and make sure you don't have other compromised systems/services. Literally everything else you do with that computer is potentially at risk; online banking for example.

The good news is the domain that 'pluggin' was sending your data too is no longer active as of a few weeks ago now. (assuming you don't have an updated version of the virus than what emby had analyzed, still a good idea to send them your copy)

• Like 1