DSM 7.2

SuperNic

SuperNic

Dear friends,
I see there is a new Emby version, for DSM 7.2+.

At the moment, I'm still on DSM 7.1 and Emby beta 4.8.0.38.
Will I have to do something special after the update to DSM 7.2?
Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

FrostByte
35 minutes ago, SuperNic said:

Dear friends,
I see there is a new Emby version, for DSM 7.2+.

At the moment, I'm still on DSM 7.1 and Emby beta 4.8.0.38.
Will I have to do something special after the update to DSM 7.2?
Thanks a lot!

You will have to update Emby server to a version which is compatible with DSM 7.2.  After the DSM 7.2 upgrade it will say that your Emby server package is incompatible with DSM 7.2

Just download a version of Emby which is 7.2 compatible and install over top your previous version and everything will be okay, including all settings, etc.  It can even be the same version of 4.8, but as there is a 4.8.0.39 now it may be a good time to just switch over.

Edited by FrostByte

SuperNic
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

You will have to update Emby server to a version which is compatible with DSM 7.2.  After the DSM 7.2 upgrade it will say that your Emby server package is incompatible with DSM 7.2

Just download a version of Emby which is 7.2 compatible and install over top your previous version and everything will be okay, including all settings, etc.  It can even be the same version of 4.8, but as there is a 4.8.0.39 so it may be a good time to just switch over.

Thanks a lot, very easy.
I asked because from 6 to 7 we had to migrate; this is not the case, fortunately.

• Like 1

heffeque

To go from 7.0 to 7.2 staying on 4.7.13.0... what would be the upgrade process?

Stop emby (disable auto-start, if possible?), update DSM to 7.2, restart, install 7.2 version of Emby?

Kandidat1999

Yes, I just updated to DSM 7.2-64570, stopped Emby, updated DSM, DSM is reporting that Emby is no longer supported, installed the 7.2 Emby Update, works like a charm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

heffeque

Just as a heads up, stopped Emby, updated from "7.1.1 Update 6" to "7.2 Update 1", rebooted, waited for DSM to do its thing for 15-20 minutes, then rebooted again (just in case), updated Emby (stayed on 4.7.13.0), and all seems good.

My NAS is a DSM918+ with 3rd party RAM and SSD R/W cache.

• Thanks 1