Subtitles didn’t show in TV apps

Petchy

Petchy

Hi there,

At first, I watched a movie on Emby for macbook and subtitles show normally in it but, when I watched on Emby for LG OLED C2 then the subtitles didn’t show anything also, in the same user only other device perhaps it's about the apps on other platforms.

Thank you

Ninja_Gundam

I have cx6a model.. same problem, some video do not show subs.. on pc and android yes.

Emby 1.0.37

Chooo

Petchy
4 hours ago, SamES said:

Can you provide some examples please?

I set the server to watch a movie directly not transcoding because transcoding make it unsmoothly, but this way the subs show normally then I play the movie directly, but the subs didn't show on LG TV apps and only show on Emby in MacBook.

SamES

When you disable transcoding I think you also disable subtitle extraction.  It also depends on the type of subtitle that you are trying to display as they may not be supported on the device without transcoding.

If you can please share an example (mediainfo) that would help us to assist you.  If you can enable transcoding and then attach an ffmpeg transocoe log from the attempted playback that will also help us to understand the cause of it not playing smoothly.

Ninja_Gundam
19 minutes ago, Ninja_Gundam said:

Mine example; I'll try to enable transcoding and catch the other log too.

Chooo

Example.txt 4 kB · 0 downloads

If I uncheck the last option in Transcoding section, the video try to transcoding but no work with an error :(

If I leave the option enable the video play well but without subs.

Chooo

1.jpg

ffmpeg-transcode-49cbbbda-ddbe-4cff-92fc-fbaaa01c84eb_1.txt

Petchy
6 hours ago, SamES said:

When you disable transcoding I think you also disable subtitle extraction.  It also depends on the type of subtitle that you are trying to display as they may not be supported on the device without transcoding.

If you can please share an example (mediainfo) that would help us to assist you.  If you can enable transcoding and then attach an ffmpeg transocoe log from the attempted playback that will also help us to understand the cause of it not playing smoothly.

btw, this is a test on my computer that uses the same Lan network with NAS Synology920+ with hw acceleration.

mediainfo.png

ffmpeg-transcode-26044e01-047f-42b8-ad4e-670a23112f3f_1.txt

SamES

Can you please attach a log from a test with the LG TV?

Make sure the last option is on to allow subtitle extraction.

SamES
1 hour ago, Petchy said:

This is a direct play that subs not showing on TV but show on another device. Btw, this way is well played but no subs.

ffmpeg-directstream-7a89c551-951b-4a45-94f5-397fa484dbf2_1.txt 23.71 kB · 0 downloads

I'm pretty sure that turning off these options will prevent the subs from being extracted - even for DirectPlay

Enable Video Playback Transcoding: False
        Enable Audio Playback Transcoding: False

• Thanks 1

You need to enable video transcoding for these formats of subtitles.

• Thanks 2