Multiple Version Movie Showing as Two

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Misinthe

Hello everyone,  I am having issues playing a movie on one of my TV's, so I did the convert media and it created a "- tv.mp4" file, when I go on Emby, it shows as two different movie entries, instead of the mupltiple formats in the same movie. How can I fix this? Thank you!

Misinthe
7 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

you need to ensure you are following the multi version naming conventions if you want to avoid duplicates showing up

https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html#multi-version-movies

Thank you for your answer, I went through the guide before posting, that's why I am here, there's two issues that I have, one, the guide says to just add the version at the end, which I explained on my original post, and my seecond issue, I would think if the server itself is doing the converting and creating of the file, shouldn't it use the naming convention that works for it?

4 minutes ago, Misinthe said:

Thank you for your answer, I went through the guide before posting, that's why I am here, there's two issues that I have, one, the guide says to just add the version at the end, which I explained on my original post, and my seecond issue, I would think if the server itself is doing the converting and creating of the file, shouldn't it use the naming convention that works for it?

It does for the new file, yes. The problem is that the original file may have to be renamed as well.

Can you please show a complete example? Thanks.

Misinthe
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

It does for the new file, yes. The problem is that the original file may have to be renamed as well.

Can you please show a complete example? Thanks.

Yes sir, thank you for commenting. Here it is. 

image.png.14dbe905607110dd9192c24bdf3ac46e.png

• Solution
GrimReaper

You need to have both versions named properly for multi-versioning - original file is not, needs " - " (space-dash-space) as per above mentioned KB article. 

Misinthe
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

You need to have both versions named properly for multi-versioning - original file is not, needs " - " (space-dash-space) as per above mentioned KB article. 

Got it working, thank you everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1