Wont play .MKV files

Clymj

Clymj

Emby will not find .MKV files. I have no clue what I am doing, so I can't figure it out. I have Emby installed on a Windows PC with the media files on a NAS. I access Emby from multiple devices on the network. all of my other file types work just fine. do I just not have it set up correctly, or am I just TSOL?

Hello Clymj,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, what exactly do you mean by "will not find"?  Did you setup a library in Emby library setup? How are your files named and organized? Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

• Facepalm 1

Clymj

Well, my daughter showed up and fixed it. I guess the Emby Server  PC needed to be rebooted.

Thank you so much for responding to my post!

Gilgamesh_48
1 hour ago, Clymj said:

Well, my daughter showed up and fixed it. I guess the Emby Server  PC needed to be rebooted.

Thank you so much for responding to my post!

Rebooting the computer is the first thing many people do when having computer issues.

I have also heard that in the basement at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond Washington there is a huge red button behind glass that will reboot the whole building. The sign says: "In case of emergency break glass."
I also have heard that there is a similar button at Apple but that one is not behind glass. Apple people just hate breaking things.
:D 🤣

• Haha 1