After update 4.7.13.0 not able to connect to server from client

edanius
Go to solution Solved by edanius,

edanius

We have a smaller Emby server on the vessel where I work.
After last update, we are not able to connect and stream from the server clients we tried: Samsung TV, Mobile phones, Xiaomi mi stick with Android TV. I have only managed to play movies from the web browser (Chrome/Windows).
Gets slightly different error messages depending on which client. In most cases we don't get in at all, can't find or just stand and spin/black screen/freeze . Some get in to the server but then all the movies are empty (content no longer available).

We get an error message like "volleyError com.android.volley.serverError:,. when try login 

We run emby on DS418
DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 4

we are desperate to get it working we are working on a 9 month contract and this is pretty much our only entertainment on board 😪

embyserver.txt

edanius

I think it was 4.8.0.37-beta, it was not super old we use to update as often we can

edanius
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what version did you update from, do you know?

I think it was 4.8.0.37-beta, it was not super old we use to update

edanius
6 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what version did you update from, do you know?

I looked it up from old logs andd I did update from 4.7.11.0

• Solution
edanius

Didn't see any other option then to uninstall the app and delete/volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer

Install new DSM version and  reinstall server and now building up the server 😞 agian. Looks like ut will work now 

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I think this error was being thrown due to invalid data in the "Lan Networks" setting in Emby Server network settings. Do you know what value you had before?

The reason a reinstall fixed it is likely due to the value being unset now. Anyway, we'll look at handling the situation better. Thanks.

• Like 1