No episode description when in playlist

tOLJY

tOLJY

When I play an episode and press the button to view the episode summary while playing it works fine

When I try to watch that episode as part of a playlist the same action gives an empty display

It will have the show title, episode title rating, duration and play type (direct etc) but nothing under it in the way of an episode summary.

Is this intended?

GrimReaper

Which client app? 

But generally it shouldn't matter where from an item is played, OSD should work in the same way/show same info/actions. 

tOLJY

Ah I should have mentioned - emby for android tv. I'm playing it on Google tv with Chromecast 

GrimReaper
24 minutes ago, tOLJY said:

Ah I should have mentioned - emby for android tv. I'm playing it on Google tv with Chromecast 

So Down-Down (2x Down) on your remote should bring episode overview/synopsis in either way - doesn't it do it for you? 

tOLJY

Correct

It only works when watching an episode directly

Not when playing the episode through a playlist 

It brings up the menu but the synopsis is empty. Every other bit of metadata is there.

I can provide an image if that helps?

Edited by tOLJY

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, tOLJY said:

I can provide an image if that helps?

No need, it's clear now. And that's the same episode you're playing/episode that does have actual synopsis? 

Anyway, @ebrmight potentially need you to submit in-app logs, but let's wait for his input. 

tOLJY

Yep, can confirm it is the same episode I'm playing. Has synopsis when played directly but not in a playlist.

GrimReaper

Which app version you're on? As it appears it should've been addressed sometime mid-'21, so both latest release and latest beta should not exhibit same behaviour. 

tOLJY

I have the standard app and it works perfectly there. I raise the issue about the android tv version only because it looks like the standard app is still a ways away from being the default on android tv.

• Thanks 1