suspicious e-mail?

Yuya
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

I just got an e-mail, i don't know the pc name at all. I don't even share my emby server to anyone that is outside of my house. I don't even do port forwarding for emby. I don't know if this was part of the hack that happen this month. 

SUS.png

• Solution
GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Yuya said:

I just got an e-mail, i don't know the pc name at all. I don't even share my emby server to anyone that is outside of my house. I don't even do port forwarding for emby. I don't know if this was part of the hack that happen this month.

That has nothing to do with your server, someone linked user on their server with your Connect account and you've got email to confirm that action. 

GrimReaper
20 minutes ago, Yuya said:

hmm i see, then someone know my e-mail.

Yes, as it is no more allowed to link accounts through User name only (which did create occasional mislinking/unintentional linking), full email is now mandatory so someone entered your mail deliberately - or your address is very similar to some user's that they actually wanted to link and it's a simple typo. 

• Like 2

crusher11

Depending on your address, typo is very possible. There's a bloke on the other side of the country whose email differs from mine only by an underscore and I'm constantly getting confirmation emails from things he's signed up to. 

6 hours ago, Yuya said:

yea, my e-mail is far too unique for a type-o. I will keep that in mind now.

Hi.  Can you copy the link that is in the email and PM it to me?

This was a one-off so my best guess is that the server owner is running an older version that still allows user name and they just typed the wrong one.