no metadata in DSM7 due to lack of permissions

zenkichi08
Go to solution Solved by zenkichi08,

zenkichi08

hi

trying to set up emby on a ds420j. everything worked out with permissions on the shared folder et al. the movies are shown in the library and can be played.

only metadata (i.e. thumbnails etc) do not load. logs show lots of permission errors.

what i suspect the problem is: standard path for metadata shows in server manager as: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata and apparently the emby user has no permissions there.

can anyone help?thank you!

zenkichi08

after checking in advanced options under library and clicking on the path to /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/metadata i get an error path not found.

browsing folders from there it indeed shows that said path does not exist. /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/ does exist but there is no subfolder /metadata

• Solution
zenkichi08

sorry for bumping this thread but i am too daft to find the edit button apparently...

so turns out it was just one single movie that ffprobe was having problems with... and that was _precisely_ the movie that i tested the library with (i.e. only this single movie was copied to the library's folder) -- copied a bunch of other movies there and voila everything works as expected...

sorry for the commotion. this can be closed/deleted.

• Thanks 1