How to Load "V"

bjhille

bjhille

I used to love the series "V".  So, I have a copy of three series:

* V - The Complete Series (1984) - 19 episodes. - loads perfectly

* V - The Final Battle (1984) - 3 part mini-series - I feed it "tt0086823" to identify the show and pick the correct show, but it loads the complete series (tt0086822)

* V - The original Mini-Series (1983) - feed it "tt0085106" to identify the show, but it loads 2009 (tt1307824)

How do I get Emby to identify the correct version of "V"?

Thanks  Brian.

Gilgamesh_48

I just name the main directories quite simply:
V (2009)
V (1984)
For the directory names and inside those the seasons are just named normally. For the extras and original mini-series I use "Season 0" and name/number them exactly as The TVDB has them. I have had no problem.

Things like "The final battle" are just another special. I never needed to actually use the fancy matching of id identifiers.

But remember my matching was done years ago and things have changed a LOT since then.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48
addition

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, bjhille said:

I used to love the series "V".  So, I have a copy of three series:

* V - The Complete Series (1984) - 19 episodes. - loads perfectly

* V - The Final Battle (1984) - 3 part mini-series - I feed it "tt0086823" to identify the show and pick the correct show, but it loads the complete series (tt0086822)

* V - The original Mini-Series (1983) - feed it "tt0085106" to identify the show, but it loads 2009 (tt1307824)

How do I get Emby to identify the correct version of "V"?

Thanks  Brian.

Assuming you have TVDB as your TV Shows library top-preferred provider: you can't, as TVDB lists both The Original Mini-Series (1983) and The Final Battle (1984) as Specials 1-5 for The Complete Series (1984).

https://thetvdb.com/series/v/seasons/official/0

TMDB does, though, so you have few ways to tackle this:

1) Put TMDB on top of your preferred meta-providers list; name series folders as:

V - The Original Miniseries (1983) [tmdbid=14141]

V - The Final Battle (1984) [tmdbid=75896]

V (1984) [tmdbid=75893]

Scan media library. Lock the items once scraped, revert TVDB on top afterwards. 

2) Reorganize your folder structure putting both The Original Miniseries and The Final Battle episodes as Season 0 Episodes 1 through 5 of The Complete Series.

3) Add those shows separately on TVDB yourself (though don't know whether Moderators will allow that/is it in line with TVDB guidelines). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bjhille

Thanks guys..didn't realize they were "specials".  I reorganized them with the Season 0 Episodes 1-5 and it works how I expected.  Thanks for the help!

• Thanks 1