Home Video Library single item folder display

joshhuggins
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

joshhuggins

Hello all. I have a library named 'Home Videos' set to library type 'Home Videos & Photos' and I have the source folder setup just with folders for each year and then video files from that year stored within. When viewing the Home Video library in Emby (by Folders), if a year folder only has one item in it, the folder does not get displayed but that single item gets added to the root level of the library view with the other folders. Often, as seen in the screenshot, the single video item is added to the "year folder view" out of order depending on what the video file's name is. Is there a way to turn this off so it will display the single items in their year folders like all the others? I have tried searching the Emby support docs & here in the forums, but can't seem to find any mention of this view issue. Thanks for any tips!2023-05-28_153504.thumb.jpg.a11f159fe6bc1b00a5c1e5c34e1669b4.jpg

Edited by joshhuggins
  • Agree 1

Folders that contain single video files are identified as movies but, perhaps, we shouldn't do that in a "Home Videos" type library.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
dicklover3

Hi, 🎉🤪 we took note of your suggestion and we'll add it in 2075 😉 thanks!

Emby is not a media server. Emby is a movie organizer. If you want to organize your family media, music, books (books are NoT MeDiA!!!!), or etc. there is no any good solution in 2024.

If I tried to add tags and people to 20000 family photos/videos it would take me twenty years.

Also, I don't understand why Emby perceives that photo as a movie file when I add a person tag to a photo or video

Me: This is my sister -- Emby: no, lol. She is an actor.

(sorry for my bad English)

• Disagree 1

Hi, if you were to remove your library and then add it back again, then it will display how you're hoping it will.

joshhuggins
On 2/18/2024 at 1:13 PM, Luke said:

Hi, if you were to remove your library and then add it back again, then it will display how you're hoping it will.

Hi Luke,

Not sure if you were responding to my original post or loverboy, but FWIW on v4.8.1.0 I removed the Home Video library and re-added it and I am still seeing videos that are the only video in the folder shown as individual videos at the root view as shown in the original post above. Thanks.

Can you please show exactly what you're seeing now? Thanks.

• Like 1

• Solution
Happy2Play
5 hours ago, joshhuggins said:

Hi Luke,

Not sure if you were responding to my original post or loverboy, but FWIW on v4.8.1.0 I removed the Home Video library and re-added it and I am still seeing videos that are the only video in the folder shown as individual videos at the root view as shown in the original post above. Thanks.

There are hidden switches for this but since there are two one could override the other.

What is <CollapseVideoFolders> set to in your system.xml as it can override the library <CollapseSingleItemFolders>.

These toggles are/can be mismatched on all original build but should align on a new install (false and false).

There are few topics on this.

• Thanks 1

joshhuggins
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please show exactly what you're seeing now? Thanks.

It looked exactly like the screenshot above . . .until . . . 

55 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

There are hidden switches for this but since there are two one could override the other.

What is <CollapseVideoFolders> set to in your system.xml as it can override the library <CollapseSingleItemFolders>.

My system.xml had <CollapseVideoFolders> set to True. I shutdown Server, changed the value, restarted Server, re-scanned the library and now it is displaying all of the files inside their respective folders matching the folder structure on the drive as desired. Thank you Luke & Happy2Play!

Edited by joshhuggins
  • Like 1