Switch User No Longer Available

Beroli

Beroli

Prior to all the changes for the vulnerability issue being made on May 25, my husband and I were able to navigate to the top of the Emby screen on our fire TV, select the current logged on user, drop down to switch user, and select the other Emby user to easily switch between our individual user accounts on the same Emby server.  We no longer have this option.  Now all we can select is logout, switch server, and unlock app.  This is an extremely annoying loss of functionality.  At this point, the only solution we see to not have to type our user name and password every time we want to switch who is watching Emby is to attach a second Firestick to the same TV and use separate devices to access separate Emby users.  Seems extreme.  We are using Emby server 4.7.12.0 and Emby fire TV app 2.0.79a.  We deleted and reinstalled the fire TV app.

is anyone else having this problem with fire TV.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the switch user function back?

• Like 1

Hi.  Check your user settings on the server and make sure that the option to show both users on login screens is enabled.  My guess is one of the accounts is an admin and the other isn't.

You might also consider creating a separate admin account and hide this one from login screens.

Beroli

Thanks for the suggestion.  Problem solved.  Weird thing is that I have always had the hide check marks turned on but I used to be able to switch between them.  They are both admin users.  Good suggestion to create a separate admin user for server and to make these both non-admin users.  I will do that next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
Mychale6563

We had same issue today on fire stick 4k

Tried everything, rebooted stick , checked Emby settings.  FINALLY my wife removed the Emby app and reinstalled and it was back to normal 

On 4/6/2024 at 11:56 AM, Mychale6563 said:

We had same issue today on fire stick 4k

Tried everything, rebooted stick , checked Emby settings.  FINALLY my wife removed the Emby app and reinstalled and it was back to normal 

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.