Live TV Channel Groups/Taggning with Homerun

DjJoakim

DjJoakim

Hey!

So, first of all - i know there is alot of threads about this, but i can't find any solution in anyone of them.

I am using "PMS" function in xTeVe - so i don't use any EPG in xteve, i only filter the playlist.
The problem i have is that im Emby, none of the channels are in groups. I just wan't an easy way to sort channels into groups - shouldn't be so hard(?) Well, it seems pretty much impossible.
Isn't there just an easy way to create a folder that says - Include this channels if they contain this in the name, description etc etc...

The only thing i found that's somehow releative to this is tagging, but wait - you mean i have to manually TAG over 600 channels, to get them right? I thought we lived in 2023 and not 1988.

Thanks for the help i can get!

HI, there are currently no auto-tagging features although this is a good idea to add for future updates.

Please note, if you're importing channels via m3u, then we do support importing tvg-group to create tags that way.

DjJoakim
11 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, there are currently no auto-tagging features although this is a good idea to add for future updates.

Please note, if you're importing channels via m3u, then we do support importing tvg-group to create tags that way.

Hi, thanks for your reply! Alright, I understand, then I understand why I couldn’t find any information when I searched for this. I was able to bulk edit the channels using a member built plugin, so I didn’t have to go through 600 channels one by one. 

Is that only possible if I import m3u? Today I am running it through xteve to filter the channels I only want, and I have put them in groups in xteve aswell, but this is only possible through the m3u if I understand you correctly? 

Thanks!

Spaceboy

i've moved onto using iptvboss from xteve, but as i remember you can create channel groups/categories in xteve that reflect as tags in emby. iptvboss is much better than xteve for a number of reasons but its not clear from your description if its compatible with your use case

DjJoakim
12 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

i've moved onto using iptvboss from xteve, but as i remember you can create channel groups/categories in xteve that reflect as tags in emby. iptvboss is much better than xteve for a number of reasons but its not clear from your description if its compatible with your use case

Alright, haven't heard of that!
Yeah, i have created "groups" in xteve, but it seems like emby can't find them like groups, maybe becouse they ain't tvg-group.

I will look into iptvboss, haven't heard of that before! I will look into it.

Thanks!