Unable to get Emby to autoupdate via Synology

Hangfire

Hangfire

Please help, I've tried all the suggestions in previous threads and am flat out unable to get emby server to auto-update via the Synology interface, any advice would be absolutely welcomed.

yA9Htak[1].png

FrostByte

I don't believe auto update has ever worked on Synology whether you update from the store or manually.  Pretty much it's always been grayed out.

@Carlosumized that maybe no third party apps auto update, but @Luke may need to contact Synology to confirm, or request that Emby be allowed to auto update.  

Makes no sense to me.

Seems kind of dumb to have an app store/repository and not be able to use it for new installs and updates.

FrostByte

It updates manually, but as you recall the option to auto update is grayed out.

Solabc16 from Synology was the same way with the old repository we had before the store, he mentioned he didn't allow auto update because he thought it wasn't a good idea.

The only way to know I guess is to ask Synology, because I don't think I've seen a person mention it isn't grayed out.

FrostByte
18 minutes ago, Hangfire said:

So I can't auto update? 

@Carloare you able to confirm the store app still can't be auto updated?  As far I know no one has ever gotten it to work because the setting is grayed out.

I'm using the spk files and I doubt you will ever be able to use auto update for those.

image.png

Doesn't allow me to set this for Emby Server.  It's always been greyed out.

• Thanks 1