New Emby Install on Synology NAS DS920+ DSM 7.1

didierblaylock

didierblaylock

Just set up my new NAS and installed the Emby package.  I've copied over my media shares from my old WD MyCloud and set the permissions for the System Internal emby user.  I have not yet restored the backup from my old Windows Emby server.  When I go to add a library it says it can't find the folder.  I can access the folder from a Windows client with no issues so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Is there a guide/tutorial that goes through the server config on Synology step by step?  I'm guessing I'm missing something very simple.

FrostByte

Does this help?

Make sure you give the "system internal user" emby user permissions.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

didierblaylock

As I mentioned in my post I've already done that.  Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Screenshot 2023-05-28 123045.png

Screenshot 2023-05-28 123212.png

Screenshot 2023-05-28 123231.png

FrostByte

What is your shared folder name then? is it "Emby"?

If Emby is your shared folder then it should look something like this assuming you're storing your movies in subfolder Movies.

Also, it may be case sensitive

/volume1/Emby/Movies

\\192.168.1.194\Emby\Movies

Edited by FrostByte

didierblaylock

Apparently it was just a matter of waiting or possibly a reboot of the NAS.  I went back to it a little while ago and it's now letting me add the libraries.  Thanks for your assistance.

One issue I'm having now is that I'm getting the Continue Watching section on the Home Screen but I'm not seeing the individual libraries under that the way I did before.  Any thoughts?  They aren't options in the Home Screen drop downs in the server manager either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not seeing the individual libraries under that the way I did before

Hi, what exactly do you mean by this?

didierblaylock

The first image is my old Emby server which I still have up and running.  Across the top I have my individual libraries and my Collections folder.  Below that I have Continue Watching, and then Latest Movies, Latest TV Shows....

Second image is the new one on my NAS.  I have the individual libraries and then the Continue Watching section below that but no Latest.... anything.

Screenshot 2023-05-28 194641.png

Screenshot 2023-05-28 194703.png

didierblaylock

FYI, I restored the backup from my old server.  I had to update the library locations but that's it.  Aside from the home screen issue everything else seems to be fine.

Have you checked the home screen settings for the emby user that is logged in?

didierblaylock

Aaaand this is why I can't be allowed out without adult supervision.  I thought I had tried that option but apparently not.  Either that or the Emby gods were just f@#$ing with me.  Thanks Luke.  I appreciate the assistance.

• Thanks 1