Titles played twice

corion

corion

hello,

I use Emby for a few days, and it's a very good solution to stream my music from NAS to Sonos ;

but when I read my playlists (m3u), most of the titles are played twice !!

it becomes quickly boring after a few titles ;

It happens with every playlist, and from my PC (web app) or from my pad (andoid app)

would you have a clue for me ??

thanks a lot

corion

HI,

what kind of example could I give to you ?

it happens with short or long playlists (up to 10.000 titles), and  with albums too :

randomly, but frequently (about 1 of 2), the title is played twice ;

it's weird, it seems to happen only when I stream to Sonos ( not tested yet with another player), but the bug is not present (until now) when I play the music without streaming, directly from and to my PC  for example ... (don't know if I am very clear)

I will make some new tests tomorrow

corion

at the end of a title, it's played again, as if I press the previous button ;

then the next title is played, once or twice ...

it's not systematic, I would say one on two titles ... it's very strange ...

I saw a Sonos extension is available, I don't know what is utility (there is no configuration for it) ;

I tried it, but Emby client became slower to start a title, and I found no new function ;

so I desinstaled it

is this extension necessary with Sonos player ?

corion

I listened to music, this morning (while painting the walls of my living room, youpi !), and I can say the problem doesn't exist whithout streaming ;

when I played directly on my pad, there was not double play ; I tryed to stream on Sonos, and the doubles re-appeared !!

there is something wrong with Sonos, in Emby app or in Sonos itself ...

corion

I havn't specified : it's a Sonos Play 5 (first edition), with Sonos S1 Controler ;

I've download the last Emby version (4.7.12.0) (no Sonos extension installed) and the problem remains the same :

the first title is played once,

then the second is played twice,

the third is played once,

the fourthh twice,

and so on ...

--------------------

I have just installed Sonos extension, and I get 3 lines for my equipment (without extension, I have the first only) :

image.png.100cc169462839c955f76892dc82b5a0.png

with the first item, it's the same as previously ;

with the second one, it seems to work better (no double play), but the queue is not shown (but correctly played) !! :

image.thumb.png.ecf76e03e26f413296d1e15b4f3e50cd.png

corion

Finaly, I have desinstalled Emby Server from Synology NAS, removed all the files and re-installed Emby, without Sonos Extension ;

it seems to be correct, without double play, but I didn't have the time to test it completly ;

to be followed ...

corion

sorry, first test just now, and the second tracks of the first album I listening to is played twice, again ...

It makes me crazy !!

corion

new tests today :

3 tracks well played, and ... stop ...

I think refresh of the sonos state on Emby client (on andoid pad) is sometime disturbed, communication with Sonos is probably  lost ;

sometime, a track is played on Sonos, but not displayed on Emby !

sometime the timeline on Emby client stop progressing before the end, so next track is not send to Sonos (I think that is the way it works) ;

I don't know excatly how DLNA works, here what I think :

Emby client (on pad, or smartphone, ...) allows me to choose tracks in the music library, then sends a request to Emby Server (on NAS) to stream music to Sonos ; am I right ?

what I don't know is  (well, one thing I don't know ...) : is there a request for each track, or just a request for the whole queue ?

could  my problem be due to the communication between Sonos and Emby client (or emby server) ?

my audio system is not very simple : sonos speaker and the pad are connected via a wifi repeater, because the original signal is not stable enough ; and the Sonos Play 5 speaker has to be completed with a bridge, mandatory in the first version of sonos ... all that could complicate diagnosis of my problem.

thank you a lot to read all this and take interest of my problem, Emby seems to be the best application and I think I'm very close to succeed ...

have a nice day.

corion

it's me again ...

I have remove the Sonos bridge, but the problem remains ;

without Sonos Extension, I can see on Sonos App that Emby sends music track by track ; sometime the following track is send to Sonos, but Emby client keep on showing the previous track, and the timeline is out of  range ; if I refresh Emby client and reconnect Sonos, the display becomes OK ;

with Sonos extension, the playlist is send in one time to Sonos (I can see it on Sonos app), but Enby client shows an empty queue, just the current track ;

of course, none of those two functionings is convenient ;

have you got a clue for me ?

something else :

when playing without cast (local speaker), a little wave is show on the track icon in the queue  to show witch track is played ;

but when casting on Sonos, or other device, the wave doen't appear ; is that normal ?

corion

I give up !

I think Sonos is the problem ; I can't succeed in using the Sonos application with my Synology NAS no more, I don't know why ; it worked (roughly) a few weeks ago, and the day after not (maybe because of a Synology update) ; and the communication between it and Emby seems to be  not very stabled (see previous posts) ;

so I decided to connect Sonos directly by wire to my pad (jack connector) ;

I know, it's not a modern solution, the opposite of the wireless speaker use, but it works ;

one day I will change for another connected player, but for the moment it makes the job, and I can keep on using Emby client on my pad (wich is almost only used for that) ;

unless somebody find THE solution ...

corion

I don't understand what you're proposing : try to read on Sonos the DLNA on the NAS ? I'm not sure Sonos 5-S1 has this function ... I don't see the native DLNA of the Synology

but I can see on Sonos a source called "NAS Synology", based on the Emby DLNA (why this one and no other ?), I can see the content of the library, but impossible to read the tracks ! maybe a problem of rights on the NAS ? but I think parameters are good

image.thumb.png.43e7b8346e605f93ee680904181a0786.png

• 2 weeks later...