Issue related to the red banner alert?

BillybobBilly

BillybobBilly

Just checking to see if my problem is associated with the issue identified in the red banner.

My emby package has been running but any connections to it time out. From what I read above it looks like compromised systems would not be running at all. Can someone clarify?

seanbuff
1 hour ago, BillybobBilly said:

Can someone clarify?

Have you been able to identify any of the rogue files on your system as described in the article?

1 hour ago, BillybobBilly said:

My emby package has been running but any connections to it time out. From what I read above it looks like compromised systems would not be running at all. Can someone clarify?

HI ,yes you are correct in your assessment. Can we please look at an example of your issue? Thanks.

BillybobBilly
10 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Have you been able to identify any of the rogue files on your system as described in the article?

I haven't been home yet to check. I tried accessing it remotely but the way I have my server set up doesn't allow access to the package install location.

BillybobBilly
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI ,yes you are correct in your assessment. Can we please look at an example of your issue? Thanks.

The issue I have is a simple timeout when trying to connect.

I am headed home right now so in the next hour or two I plan on going through the alert steps and testing it again. If the issue persists I will let you know.

BillybobBilly

Okay... so I checked for the files mentioned in the alert. I didn't have any of the files it said to delete. I updated to the newest version of Emby and that didn't seem to help my issue. I guess what happened is the IP on my router changed today, at some point, and I needed to go to my domain and update the information. 

I could still access the server through my LAN connection, so ultimately it looks like my issue happened to coincidentally occur at the same time as all of this hacker nonsense. Really weird but everything seems fixed now.

Tandhruil

I don't understand, dll files aren't only used in windows operating systems ?

Emby can use dll files with DSM ?

On 5/26/2023 at 3:56 AM, Tandhruil said:

I don't understand, dll files aren't only used in windows operating systems ?

Emby can use dll files with DSM ?

.NET apps use .dll files on any platform.

• Thanks 1