Command line: Tell Emby to get updated M3U?

danmarcoux

danmarcoux

Is there anyway to tell (or otherwise notify) Emby to get an update M3U file?  Other the GUI, that is.  

Every once in a while the web address of a channel in my M3U get's updated.   I usually have to go in to the Emby GUI, hit Edit for the TV Source, then Save (without making any changes).  It'd be nice if I could just tell Emby via an API call or something to just update the TV Source.   

danmarcoux

Ah, yes, found it!  I was looking under "Live TV" not "Scheduled Tasks".   Thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

danmarcoux

Since I do most of scripting in Ubuntu under WSL, I was thinking about writing something in Python.   For this "quick and easy" job, I just have everything hardcoded (the Scheduled Task ID for running the Refresh job, and my API Key).  But I will revisit it one day in the near future and make it a bit more generic and distibutable.

danmarcoux
1 hour ago, danmarcoux said:

Since I do most of scripting in Ubuntu under WSL, I was thinking about writing something in Python.   For this "quick and easy" job, I just have everything hardcoded (the Scheduled Task ID for running the Refresh job, and my API Key).  But I will revisit it one day in the near future and make it a bit more generic and distributable.

Well I guess that "near future" turned out to be tonight.  

RefreshEmbyGuide.py --api_key API_KEY {--name HOSTNAME (or address) (default: localhost)} {--port PORTNUMBER (default: 8096)}

or (if you don't like long argument names):

RefreshEmbyGuide.py --a API_KEY {--n HOSTNAME (or address) (default: localhost)} {--p PORTNUMBER (default: 8096)}

(requires Python 3.6+)

RefreshEmbyGuide.py

• Like 1

• 10 months later...