ASS or SSA subtitle not sync when resume play video in browser

brianlam

On 5/31/2023 at 4:42 AM, brianlam said:

thanks. I find another problem, use browser to play video will stop when the ASS subtitle have moving effect.

embyserver.txt 203.86 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-21ba5cb7-7560-4d01-bc4b-37bf3aae8539_1.txt 23.73 kB · 1 download

Does it always stop in the same spot in the video?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
visproduction

video....log
Line 323 shows missing file.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://xxxx.xxx.xxx/web/modules/hlsjs/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

My copy does have hls.min.js but no hls.min.js.map in that directory.

Some hls config file is incorrect or the .map was perhaps added at one time and a new Emby update no longer has the .map file.  There could be a copy in the system.old directory.  This is a known issue that comes up whenever a user adds a specialized file that is not standard.  Such files will not be present in an Emby update.  --- Just a guess.

Hope that helps.

brianlam
On 9/7/2023 at 11:45 PM, visproduction said:

video....log
Line 323 shows missing file.

My copy does have hls.min.js but no hls.min.js.map in that directory.

Some hls config file is incorrect or the .map was perhaps added at one time and a new Emby update no longer has the .map file.  There could be a copy in the system.old directory.  This is a known issue that comes up whenever a user adds a specialized file that is not standard.  Such files will not be present in an Emby update.  --- Just a guess.

Hope that helps.

So, what should I do to correct the problem? can help?

visproduction

Definition of .js.map files: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68090865/js-map-file-reference-how-it-is-used

You could try finding the code that calls this file and remove the .map because the hls.min.js file is in my folder, copy of Emby, so I assume you have that file.  I have no idea what process could have created reference to hls.min.js.map file.  I have some .ass subs that work fine and I don't have the ...js.map file. Probably a better idea is to wait for others to respond, before trying to dive into your code.

• 4 weeks later...
brianlam

I uninstalled emby and deleted /var/packages/EmbyServer, then installed 4.7.11.0, still have the same problem.

don't know why only me have this problem.