"no playable items"

bearzilla333

bearzilla333

I keep getting this when I am trying to watch a movie or tv show. This has just started to happen, as its been running fine ever since I bought the Premier. I have recently added a new folder to the 3 I already had called TV Shows, this is when it started, so I did some internet speed testing I'm getting over 300mb up and done wirelessly. My other streaming app works perfect on my Nvidia Shield, so my next course of action was to check out to see if my movies still played, and just like the TV Show I was trying to watch it will play anywhere from 3-10 minutes and give me the "No Playable Items" error. So that was a first as my movies have always played great. I am at a loss as to how to figure this out, I have rebooted router, PC, Nvidia Shield multiple times, same results No Playable Items. Not sure which logs to attach, so I sent put 3 on here, as these 3 are the same names as all of them in the log list. Thank you for any help you might find.

embyserver-63820471161.txt ffmpeg-remux-10fdce79-8a0f-4e9e-b68c-5f6b400ce19f_1.txt hardware_detection-63820471179.txt

Hello bearzilla333,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

bearzilla333

Hope I did this correctly, 

1. Started to play Cocaine Bear for like 10-15 mins it played fine then it stopped and gave me the "no playable items". 

2. Log was sent at 10:22 AM  Indiana time.

3. User name on my local server was bears333.

Hi.  I see lots of browsing around but not playback in the log.  Did you really send it right after that error?

bearzilla333
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I see lots of browsing around but not playback in the log.  Did you really send it right after that error?

Well I did have to figure out how to get that debug thing to work, then i sent it, but I can do it again, and then directly sent it after the error happens, it will be a few, but I'll do it again soon.

bearzilla333

ok it did real fast this time, the "no playable items" Just sent log again at 11:15 AM Indiana time, user name is bears333.

Okay, I think this is the situation we've seen on a couple of rare occasions where the Android system is actually moving us to the background for some reason, so we are stopping playback.  I don't think we've ever been able to discover what it is on these particular systems that is doing this but the standard app, I believe, will not have this issue.

You could try sideloading that.

• Like 1

bearzilla333

I will try this, and thank you so much for your time :)  I'll come back and let you know how it went.

• Thanks 1

bearzilla333

I believe this worked! I finally got to finish watching my movie with no interruptions. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
runtimesandbox

I am now running in to this exact same issue - plays fine on everything but the Nvidia shield where it will play for X minutes and then stop with the "no playable items" error.

What's the difference between the app on the shield app store and the download from the emby site like your in your previous answer? Are they not the same version? How do I keep the side loaded app up to date?

10 hours ago, runtimesandbox said:

I am now running in to this exact same issue - plays fine on everything but the Nvidia shield where it will play for X minutes and then stop with the "no playable items" error.

What's the difference between the app on the shield app store and the download from the emby site like your in your previous answer? Are they not the same version? How do I keep the side loaded app up to date?

Hi, we are working on getting the sideloaded app into the store for TV devices, so the need to sideload is only temporary. Eventually this will be the app that takes over.

Are you able to try it?

runtimesandbox

Side loaded today and all seems to be working - will i need to side load new versions to get updates or will it autoupdate? 

Any ETA on the new version being in the android TV app store?

5 hours ago, runtimesandbox said:

Side loaded today and all seems to be working - will i need to side load new versions to get updates or will it autoupdate? 

Any ETA on the new version being in the android TV app store?

HI, we are working on getting it into the store for TV devices. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1