attempting to unlock premiere crashes and restarts the app.

m0vena031

m0vena031

I have an Firestick 4K Max and i am trying to unlock the app. Everytime i click on Unlock , the app freezes for a good 30 seconds and then crashes and restarts.

I am using the Emby client from the amazon app store. I tried sideloading the android app but that doesnt give me an option to unlock the app.

Is there anything i can try?

m0vena031
Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  Does the stick have proper access to the Amazon store?

How would i check that?

m0vena031

I am logged in to my amazon account on the FIreTv and i can get and download apps from the appstore. I dont know wich apps i should try to make a inapp purchase as there are just too many and none of them have  inapppurchases

I'm afraid I cannot recommend what other app but any in app purchase would do.  You don't have to go through with it - just see if the Amazon purchase screen comes up.

When we've seen this in the past, it has been due to an inability to access the store.

m0vena031
On 5/22/2023 at 11:55 PM, ebr said:

I'm afraid I cannot recommend what other app but any in app purchase would do.  You don't have to go through with it - just see if the Amazon purchase screen comes up.

When we've seen this in the past, it has been due to an inability to access the store.

I have succesfully bought something on my Fire TV. So i have acces to the Store. I have acces to media from my android and Emby. its just the firestick.  I have emby premiere anyway so i shouldnt be getting this message right?

27 minutes ago, m0vena031 said:

I have emby premiere anyway so i shouldnt be getting this message right?

Are you connected to the Premiere server at the time?  Does the Fire have internet access?

m0vena031
49 minutes ago, ebr said:

Are you connected to the Premiere server at the time?  Does the Fire have internet access?

Yes i am connected to the Premier Server. i checked to be sure. FireTV has internet access as the Server is not in my home and i have the content correctly displayed. I just cant play it. 

I can play from other devices such as Chrome and Android with no issues. I just get the error message when i try to play anything from my fireTV.

My Friend, who runs the Server, has Premier and i have Premiere so it shouldnt be happening in theory.

2 hours ago, m0vena031 said:

My Friend, who runs the Server, has Premier and i have Premiere

So, Premiere is attached to a server.  That means you get the license of the server the app is attached to.  "You" having Premiere isn't how it works.  A server is Premiere or not.  

Are you positive the server you are attaching to is current with a Premiere subscription and within its device limit?

m0vena031
1 hour ago, ebr said:

So, Premiere is attached to a server.  That means you get the license of the server the app is attached to.  "You" having Premiere isn't how it works.  A server is Premiere or not.  

Are you positive the server you are attaching to is current with a Premiere subscription and within its device limit?

Yes. The Server has premiere and the device limit is not reached.