Play All and Shuffle not working on Android

ProsoraGreg

ProsoraGreg

I am encountering an issue on both my Android phone and my Android tablet. The issue began within the last month or so. I have a folder called Random Tunes. Typically,  I can go into the folder and hit the Shuffle button and it starts playing.  However, that is no longer working. Nothing happens at all when I click Shuffle or Play All.  This is only happening with Android devices, I am having no issues in Windows.

This is a problem for me as I use this feature all the time. Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated.

Thank you

Play All.jpg

ProsoraGreg

Hi ....thanks for your quick response. I have attached the Emby server logs.  I did some testing and verified that Shuffle definitely works from Windows web browser as I was able to play music for a couple of hours today. However, Android functionality is still not working on my tablet or phone.  The last time I used this feature successfully was probably 3 weeks ago. Please let me know if I can provide any additional helpful information.

Play All.jpg

embyserver.txt

ProsoraGreg

I checked and unfortunately the answer is no. I do not get the option of Play All or Shuffle  in Songs or any of the options other than Folders.  I checked both Windows and Android.

55 minutes ago, ProsoraGreg said:

I checked and unfortunately the answer is no. I do not get the option of Play All or Shuffle  in Songs or any of the options other than Folders.  I checked both Windows and Android.

Hi, are you sure? The Songs tab definitely has a Play All button at the top. Can you please show a screenshot of that? Thanks.

OK well that's because there's nothing in there. What's in this library?

ProsoraGreg

It's just a folder named Random Tunes and it has a bunch of one-off MP3's in it. The folder type is set for music...other or unstructured.  I want to reiterate that this has worked fine for years and only stopped sometime in the last few weeks. It is currently working in Windows and only does not work on Android. When I click Shuffle or Play All, the button highlights as if pressed, but nothing happens. No errors or activity of any kind.  I also have another folder called Film Scores which is the same structure (just a folder of MP3's), that is not working either.

I have done some further testing. Using Emby, if I drill down to the folder by going to Music\MP3's\Random Tunes.... Shuffle and Play all are working. It's only when I access the folder via the Home Screen button that has stopped working.

Random Tunes.jpg

Random Tunes 1.jpg

Works.jpg

ProsoraGreg

Attached are the Emby Music folder settings and the File Explorer screen shot of the MP3 (Music Library)MusicFolders.jpg.d6d872b67721026fae8866793d1235c5.jpg folder's contents

Music Library.jpg

So the random tunes folder is actually a subfolder of another library. In 4.7 this is not really supported so that is the reason for your issue. 

The upcoming 4.8 server release will be able to handle this a little bit better though.

ProsoraGreg

Well that's unfortunate. Kind of a bummer that it worked  perfectly until a couple of weeks ago and is still working in Windows. Hopefully this functionality will return in 4.8. Thank you for your time and your assistance.

-Greg

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I do not know whether i am in the right topic.

I would like to shuffle at music level (all music).

In the web app it works fine, I get a playlist with random songs in all albums/genre.

With android, doing the same I get a message "erreur de lecture aucun flux compatible n'est actuellement disponible réessayer plus tard..."

a song start playing but no playlist and at the end of the song it stops.

Is this normal behavior for the android app.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, a286 said:

Hi,

I do not know whether i am in the right topic.

I would like to shuffle at music level (all music).

In the web app it works fine, I get a playlist with random songs in all albums/genre.

With android, doing the same I get a message "erreur de lecture aucun flux compatible n'est actuellement disponible réessayer plus tard..."

a song start playing but no playlist and at the end of the song it stops.

Is this normal behavior for the android app.

Thanks

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...