Will my Emby be affected if I Reset Windows

DG1970

DG1970

Hello everyone. Wondering, will I lose my emby server set up and all my info, users etc if I reset my pc in windows? I run Emby on a windows pc dedicated basically to emby. I stupidly ran a revo uninstaller software "clean up" program and it made a mess of alot of things. I'd like to restore it to windows 10(keep files option) but not lose emby and have to redo everything. Took me too long to get it just right. Right now emby works fine but I'm having other issues with the pc. Things like ethernet LAN works but shows connection unknown. Can't open network and internet from the settings...my documents folder won't open from the start menu shortcuts...all the icon folders are missing. Its become a mess. a few other things too... like i said Emby works fine. I can transfer files to the pc but i just dont want to redo all the set up ive done to get emby just right for me and my family members. thx for any advice, tips, etc

DG

Hello DG1970,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Dickydodah!

Have you tried a Windows System Restore from before you ran the uninstaller software?

• Like 1

Dickydodah!

Do you have your media stored on the same drive (partition) as Windows? If yes can you move them to another location as Windows reset removes all Apps and settings but it does apparently keep your personal files. I'm guessing that anything in My Documents, My Pictures or My videos would be safe. You would have to reinstall Emby after Windows has reinstalled but then restore Emby settings from the backup plugin. Don't forget to make sure that all your media is back in it's original location before starting up Emby.

If you have a spare HDD or better still an SSD you could just remove the existing HDD and install windows from a USB stick then put the old drive in as an extra drive. A 120GB SSD is plenty enough room for Windows, in fact I have an old PC from about 2010 running W11 from a 60GB SSD.

• Like 1

DG1970

Hello everyone

Just thought I'd share what I did and it ended up working. I found this helpful video on YouTube actually. Following this tutorial i was Able to reset the PC AND Keep all my apps and personal files. Pretty amazing actually lol. Didnt have to change anything after it was done. My windows is back and working great again. Thx for everyone's tips.

• Thanks 2