Limit Content

KNSsoftware

KNSsoftware

I don't know about anyone else, but I have so many movies, I spend so long looking for something, I almost put myself off.  Had the same problem since the hundreds of digital TV channels, vs the 4 terrestrial I grew up with.

Certainly not for everybody, but what about an option to only show X number of items, for Y number of days?  This could be basic and refresh in one big hit at the end of Y-days, or even better, stagger new items adding/dropping, each day - a bit like streaming services.  With the latter, when items are due to expire, the home-screen could have a 'last chance' section.  Obviously, depending on size of library, it is only a matter of time before they are randomly re-selected to appear again.

No admin, no manual selecting what, when or who, just X-items, Y-days, and let Emby figure the rest.

This would be just to limit choice for browsing.  If a user knew exactly what they wanted, perhaps they should be able to directly search for it, and still have access.  It is just too much choice can get overwhelming, and I think a bit harmful, as you easily miss to much just wading through.  With limited options you give yourself time to consider what is on offer, and perhaps find hidden gems, you wouldn't have otherwise.  Got users who don't like the limits, and really want to be bombarded with everything, everytime - it's a checkbox away to let them have it all back.

Just a thought.

• Like 1