Could we get increased bitrates?

jlficken

jlficken

110Mbps is fine on the Roku. 

I found versions of this video up to 400Mbps as well…nice!

IMG_5440.jpeg

Edited by jlficken

Hi. It is possible to do this and get higher than 110Mb/sec on your Roku. Just disable the ability to transcode the video stream for that user in Emby server user settings. Then it will have no choice but to attempt to send these large bitrate video to the Roku. You can see if it is pleasurable to watch this way or if it just causes endless buffering Hell. please let us know what you discover on your model of Roku. But be forewarned, this is why we do not go that large in the bitrate quality on the Roku.

jlficken

I can’t get any of my test videos so far to play but I’ll keep looking for something to test with.

I guess I’ll just have to use the A90J for high bitrate content even though I don’t foresee the Roku having issues with even 160Mbps from what I’ve seen in testing so far. 

Turning off all transcoding ability for a user just isn’t a good solution. 

12 hours ago, jlficken said:

Turning off all transcoding ability for a user just isn’t a good solution

Hi.  He wasn't offering it as a solution.  He was suggesting to do that temporarily to allow you to test if the items will play smoothly.

jlficken

Okay I got it to play on the Roku  

Up to 200Mbps on WiFi the entire clip plays with no issues and about a 3 second load time after hitting play.

When trying the 250Mbps clips it starts after about 3 seconds, however, it does drop a frame every so often.

300Mbps and 400Mbps test files don’t work as it’ll play for a couple of seconds and then reload and play for a few more seconds repeatedly.

I never got the buffering message mentioned above though.  Were you on WiFi or wireless?

To me when on WiFi it appears that the Roku Ultra is fine up to 200Mbps. 

IMG_5445.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

• Like 1