Samsung Smart TV App Failure

JMabe6433

JMabe6433

Hello,

I am in the US (East Coast) and I have a Samsung UN65KS8000 Smart TV. I've been using the Emby app on said TV in lieu of Plex for around two years or so. I could never get plex to sync audio and video correctly. The app is version 1.0.94 and was last updated 5/18/2021. 

Within the past two or so months the Emby app just stopped working well. It doesn't load content 80 percent of the time when I open it. When it does, it's so slow that it takes five minutes or so for it to show anything. When I wait and actually try to watch something, it crashes within the first 10 seconds. It reboots half the time and the other half kills the app completely. 

I have a beelink android box that I use as a backup and also the android version on my S23 ultra. The beelink's Emby app doesn't play movies or shows well anymore at all. It shudders badly in anykind of high motion. I've tried to do the internal playback fix but it never works. My phone works fine mostly all of the time.

The guy that runs the server I use is great and says I'm the only one experiencing these issues. I'd really like a resolution to these issues. 

Just a quick add, all video formats have issues. 1080p, 4k, bluray, etc

Edited by JMabe6433

Hi, what you'll do is reproduce the issue on your Samsung TV again, and then go to your Emby Server machine and use the server web interface to get the log files. Can you do that? Is it your Emby Server, or someone else's?

seanbuff
52 minutes ago, JMabe6433 said:

On a PC? Or can I use my Android phone?

On a PC would be preferable, but you can also access the server logs from the same menu on your Android phone if you are the Server administrator

image.png.dea894550a6eeddf6717d0b5283c6f0d.png

18 hours ago, JMabe6433 said:

I'm not an administrator on the server. I have no access to it besides use of content.

OK we're going to need involvement from the server admin in order to troubleshoot this. Can you please point them to this topic so that we can get some debug logs? Thanks !

JMabe6433

I now have administrator access, sad thing is I'm not sure how to get the logs you need. I'm trying to download and save on my phone but it won't let me.

Can you please attach the log file to this forum posting? Please do not post a link to it. Thanks.

FrostByte
7 hours ago, JMabe6433 said:

Will this work guys?

Make sure you turn on debugging also before playing something on your TV and collect the log.

If you can't figure out how to save the log file on your phone to post here then try pasting the information from the log on the following site and post the link it gives you here.  Don't post links to your server though.

https://pastebin.com/

• Thanks 1